Why become a member? ×

Sold thanks. Warwick Dolphin Pro 11 Made in Japan 1991, Sale or Trade
£625
Darlington

karlfer

Made in Japan for Warwick by MMI (Moridaira Musical Instruments) Morris in 1991. Quite an uncommon bass.

Bolt neck, unlike the much more expensive German set neck & neck through versions. Warwick aficionados are generally not a fan of this bass, some considering them not a true Warwick.

Active/passive vol (push/pull), pick up pan, bass/treble boost/cut.

This bass is cosmetically battered, with some paintwork filled in, especially along the bottom edges. A lot of dents & dinks, It's been gigged a lot. Can't see that from a few feet away.

A previous owner (I think there's only been three & one of them twice for a good number of years) has put a Pro 1 truss rod cover on. It's not a Pro 1 (you'd be looking at well over another grand!)

Plays beautifully, surprisingly well balanced, great rock bass. Quite light at 8lb 10oz.

Comes with slightly battered hard case, Warwick bits pack, leather strap & strap locks.

TRADES.

Sandberg with a Precision style pickup

Fender Player Series Precision

US Standard Precision.

CASH either way, but please remember, Player Series actually sell used at around £450.

Apologies for photos, raining. Again. Feedback linked at bottom of post.

Meet half way or collection, sorry don't have a box to courier.

Cheers,

Karl.

A.JPG

B.JPG

C.JPG

D.JPG

F.JPG

G.JPG

H.JPG

I.JPG

J.JPG

K.JPG

L.JPG

M.JPG

N.JPG

O.JPG

P.JPG

Q.JPG

R.JPG

S.JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ebenezer said:

Cool unusual bass that is Karl...saw Warwickhunt playing one of these back in the day...very punchy and cut through the mix like a knife.

Cheers Mark, I'm fairly sure John still has his.

15 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Cheers Mark, I'm fairly sure John still has his.

Still have it and I've sold way more expensive basses in preference to selling mine.  ;) 

It looks nothing like a Fender... for that reason alone someone should buy this!    LOL

• Like 2

Anyone who doesnt consider these as real Warwicks doesn't know Warwicks! I have owned over 20 Warwicks inc Infinitys, Thumb NT and BO, Corvettes, Dolphin Pro 1s, Streamer Stage I's, II's, LX and Jazzmen from 86 thru 06. I spent sometime with my friends MIJ Dolphin Pro II and it was exactly what you would expect from a mid-level Warwick ie a bloody nice bass and excellent value on the used market!

• Like 1

On 23/08/2020 at 17:58, warwickhunt said:

Still have it and I've sold way more expensive basses in preference to selling mine.  ;) 

It looks nothing like a Fender... for that reason alone someone should buy this!    LOL

Cheers John.

20 hours ago, dyerseve said:

Anyone who doesnt consider these as real Warwicks doesn't know Warwicks! I have owned over 20 Warwicks inc Infinitys, Thumb NT and BO, Corvettes, Dolphin Pro 1s, Streamer Stage I's, II's, LX and Jazzmen from 86 thru 06. I spent sometime with my friends MIJ Dolphin Pro II and it was exactly what you would expect from a mid-level Warwick ie a bloody nice bass and excellent value on the used market!

Cheers. Those that have them generally speak highly of them.

9 hours ago, Henrythe8 said:

Love those. Had two, but the thin neck is alas too thin for me big fingaz. This one deserves to be stripped and refinished. The ash under is often quite beautiful, might be a good idea to try a natural. 

Thanks but I'm not going to throw any more money at it whilst I'm looking to move it on.

Ho hum, that's a first. 3 days & not a single trade offer.

I'll leave it up for a few more days then may well have a chat with John about passive stack knobs & serial/parallel loom.

I've been rehearsing the sets with it the last couple of nights & it's a fine bass. Just I look like a tit with it round my neck 😚

A great modification, not too expensive, is to replace the MEC pickups by DiMarzios (and of course change the blend pot). 

I did this as Iwas never fond of active pickups. The resulting sound has been noticed - in a good way - during basscamp by none other thant Steve Bailey, Armand Sabbal Lecco and Dave Ellefson.(I must have somewhere a picture of Dave playing my Pro2). 

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic