Lfalex v1.1

This is a different way to do a single cut

17 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

£6750 if you scroll down...

How much?????????

Posted (edited)

You all keep throwing up rainbows about how horrid this is.

On the other hand, a 6 string Contra fretless is what my dream fretless bass is like. It's BEAUTIFUL, masterfully done and sounds fantastic. Just wish I had the dough to order it. (for what it's worth, I think the Contra design only really works as a 6 strings in terms of proportions)

You keep hating on it, so maybe someone who has one will feel guilty and sell it to me :P

I keep drooling...

266751563_Screenshot2020-07-25at11_16_50.thumb.png.52cf2b7cde41921fb89e33582db8b390.png

Edited by akabane
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, akabane said:

You all keep throwing up rainbows about how horrid this is.

On the other hand, a 6 string Contra fretless is what my dream fretless bass is like. It's BEAUTIFUL, masterfully done and sounds fantastic. Just wish I had the dough to order it. (for what it's worth, I think the Contra design only really works as a 6 strings in terms of proportions)

You keep hating on it, so maybe someone who has one will feel guilty and sell it to me :P

I keep drooling...

266751563_Screenshot2020-07-25at11_16_50.thumb.png.52cf2b7cde41921fb89e33582db8b390.png

I like that more than the 4. I'd  make one change; black tuners! 😂

• Like 1

On 01/08/2020 at 02:06, Lfalex v1.1 said:

I like that more than the 4. I'd  make one change; black tuners! 😂

Seconded - all the other hardware is black, so it looks weird that the tuners are the only gold on it. Loving those moon inlays on that one too. 

I think they're stunning. Not sure how it'd go over in my metal band though. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Allaboutthebass
      Hi,
      I'm not looking for any trades at the moment but my arm could be twisted by a nice 4 string classic ray with a rosewood fretboard, or a Spector euro LX. (Cash either way)
      I had this up for sale a few months ago and withdrew it because I knew I would regret it. However, its time to put my big knickers and to let it go once and for all.
      Its a great bass, in great condition (see pics, shout if you would like some more pics).
      Check out the following link for details 
      https://www.marleaux-bass.com/marleaux-bass_consat_custom.html
      I would prefer social distance collection, although I'm happy to drive for an hour to deliver. (say 80 miles top)
      I can post, shipping and Insurance will be at the buyers expense
      Here is a summary, see pics for weight according to kitchen scales and the width of the nut.
      Body: Mahogany Top: Bubinga Neck: Maple Neck: Bolt on. Fretboard: Ebony (No Makers) Frets: 24 Scale: 34 inches Pickups: Delano SBC Electronics: Marleaux EQ BC3 Controls: Master Vol - Pickup Blend - 3-Band Active / Passive Switch: Pickup Split Hardware Finish: Black Tuners: Schaller Colour: Natural Case: Generic Made in Germany Happy to answer any questions.
      Cheers
      Neil.

• By Nicholasbt
      Marleaux is very famous for their amazing fretless basses, and this one is no exception. This is actually a very special bass, the only existing bolt-on mBass made by Marleaux. It is a bolt on as that is usually the preffered construction for a more balanced fretless sound.
      The bass is in absolute pristine condition with no dings or marks. I am only selling it because I need the money.

Specs:
      - 34" scale, 
      - 5 string lined fretless 24 fret marks
      - tree peace maple neck
      - ebony fingerboard
      - mahogany body
      - figured pear wood top with wenge accent veneer
      - delano quad coil pickups
      - marleaux 3 band eq with active-passive switch
      - includes marleaux rigid gigbag, strap locks, tools and marleaux booklet
      - includes two removeable ebony finger ramps
      This bass costs new around 4800€,
      Open for trades/partial trades.

• By Nicholasbt
      The bass is in absolute pristine condition with no dings or marks. I am only selling it because I need the money and this bass is not getting used ao much.
      Specs:
      - 34" scale, 
      - 5 string lined fretless 24 fret marks
      - three-peace maple neck
      - ebony fingerboard
      - mahogany body
      - figured pear wood top with wenge accent veneer
      - delano quad coil pickups
      - marleaux 3 band eq with active-passive switch
      - includes marleaux rigid gigbag, strap locks, tools and marleaux booklet
      - includes a new set of Marleaux roundwound strings
      - ships with laBella deep talking flatwounds.
      - include two ebony finger ramps (currently not installed on the bass

I could consider partial trades with money my way with things like: Fender american precision basses and/or 5 string american active jazz basses (can be nom fender) Noble preamps, vanderkley amplificarion stuff, trickfish preamps, some pedals, and yamaha silent basses. 

• By TorVic
      *Sold locally*
      This is a custom Marleaux Votan with a reverse split-coil pick-up (in a soapbar cover) in the middle position and a humbucker in the bridge position respectively. 
      control configuration: vol (push-pull/ active-passive) + blend + passive tone + stacked bass+treble + switch1:series/parallel - switch2: coil-tap single-coil/humbucker)
      weight: ~4.4.kg
      Standard spec:   https://www.marleaux-bass.com/marleaux-bass_votan.html 

• By TorVic
      SOLD LOCALLY
      This is a Marleaux Consat Custom 5 professionally converted to fretless, currently wearing nylon-wound strings. It is in good condition - just one visible ding on the top side near the cutaway (visible in the photo #4)
      Neck 3-piece quilted / bird's eye maple with wenge veneers Fingerboard Ebony Top burl ash (matching headstock) Body mahogany with wenge  veneer Marleaux 3-band tone control with active / passive Switch Basstec (Haussel) humbuckers  ETS Marleaux bridge and knobs Kluson machine heads