Why become a member? ×

SOLD (not in Basschat): Sadowsky MV5 For Sale

margusalviste

One of my Sadowskys left the house, I decided to sell another too. It's MV5 - Sonic Blue (looks a bit greenish) light Ash body and Maple/Maple neck.
It has a small ding just near the metal control plate but other than that it's in perfect condition. The back of the neck has been sanded with 0000 Steel Wool so it makes this bass extremely easy to play. No sticky lacker feel.
I compared it to my friend's New York Sadowsky and mine was much better both for playability and sound wise. I was surprised but so it felt for both of us.

I talked to my bookkeeper and found a way to sell it for 1450 EUR including shipping to UK!!! Please contact with me for details!

Edited by margusalviste

[quote name='P-T-P' post='433517' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:36 PM']No offense intended, but why is there VAT on this?

I think the idea behind this place is for private sellers only, therefore no VAT.[/quote]

I am a private person. This bass belongs to my company so if I sell it I have to ask 18% VAT (as I payed when I bought it). Some private persons have also VAT nr.
PS! My company doesn't sell musical instruments.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='433560' date='Mar 13 2009, 03:02 PM']Nice bass but small ding? :D - hate to see a big ding..are you left handed?[/quote]

Yeah, sorry, I got it with this ding. But it really is one of the best Sadowskies. I've tried more than 50 different high end instruments before I bought my basses. So you can be sure that everything I have in my collection is at least good if not the best choice available. :)

PS! Nope, I am not a lefty! It's a mirror picture - for fun! :rolleyes:

Edited by margusalviste

[quote name='margusalviste' post='433589' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:19 PM']I am a private person. This bass belongs to my company so if I sell it I have to ask 18% VAT (as I payed when I bought it). Some private persons have also VAT nr.
PS! My company doesn't sell musical instruments.[/quote]

One for the moderators here to decide really I guess, but it seems to me that if you're charging VAT, it's not a private sale, irrespective of what your company does.

As I say, no offense intended and I don't normally get involved in other people's FS threads, just this one seemed to go against the spirit of the boards a bit, my apologies if I'm wrong.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='433621' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:34 PM']One for the moderators here to decide really I guess, but it seems to me that if you're charging VAT, it's not a private sale, irrespective of what your company does.

As I say, no offense intended and I don't normally get involved in other people's FS threads, just this one seemed to go against the spirit of the boards a bit, my apologies if I'm wrong.[/quote]

I see what you mean, but he didn't have to say that there was VAT involved. He could just have asked for whatever price he wanted and deducted the vat when the time comes to pay the Government. At the end of the day, it costs you what it costs you and this does mean that if you are VAT registered yourself you can wangle a bit back. I dunno, just my $00.02 (+VAT)

BUT.... and I don't mean any offence either. I think this is all academic. EU1800 is about £1650 at the present exchange rate. You'd get one brand new out of a shop for less than that surely?

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='433633' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:49 PM']BUT.... and I don't mean any offence either. I think this is all academic. EU1800 is about £1650 at the present exchange rate. You'd get one brand new out of a shop for less than that surely?[/quote]

I am afraid "thepurpleblob" is right. Don't get me wrong, that Metro is very nice but it seems rather expensive, as you can get it brand new in fab CAR for £1536 (incl. VAT) from Guitarguitar in Glasgow. I saw it in the shop in all its glory.

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='margusalviste' post='433589' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:19 PM']I am a private person. This bass belongs to my company so if I sell it I have to ask 18% VAT (as I payed when I bought it). Some private persons have also VAT nr.
PS! My company doesn't sell musical instruments.[/quote]

Hi

If you are selling as a private person, then that's fine. You have paid the VAT when you bought it, and as long as you trade within the EEC there is no further tax to pay. I would assume then that the asking price will be 1525 EUR.

If you are selling as a business entity and trying to get the VAT back that you paid for it - then sorry, trade sales are only by prior agreement with the site owners.

And please fellow forumites - no more pricing comments :)

[quote name='Hamster' post='433709' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:34 PM']And please fellow forumites - no more pricing comments :)[/quote]

Sorry.... I was more alluding to the crappy exchange rate at the moment rather than saying "hey, that's too dear". Eighteen months ago, that would have been significantly cheaper. It's putting euro members out of the picture unless they are happy to take a big hit.

[quote name='Hamster' post='433709' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:34 PM']And please fellow forumites - no more pricing comments :)[/quote]

I apology for the pricing comment, although it was made only in the spirit of making the seller aware of market conditions and not to denigrate the quality of the instrument or the seller's integrity.

I'm no expert but my understanding is that a non-UK resident can't charge a UK citizen VAT [u]unless they're VAT registered in the UK.[/u] Otherwise you will have to send the bass without VAT and VAT will charged to the recipient by Customs and Excise at the point of entry into the UK. (Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken BTW.)

So I'd imagine you might be knocking 18% off the price?

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='433738' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:51 PM']I'm no expert but my understanding is that a non-UK resident can't charge a UK citizen VAT [u]unless they're VAT registered in the UK.[/u] Otherwise you will have to send the bass without VAT and VAT will charged to the recipient by Customs and Excise at the point of entry into the UK. (Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken BTW.)

So I'd imagine you might be knocking 18% off the price?[/quote]

AFAIK.... if you are in the EU you *have* to charge (your local) VAT wherever in the EU it is sold - assuming the goods are liable for VAT blah blah. There are no Customs and Excise issues within the EU.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='433758' date='Mar 13 2009, 03:03 PM']AFAIK.... if you are in the EU you *have* to charge (your local) VAT wherever in the EU it is sold - assuming the goods are liable for VAT blah blah. There are no Customs and Excise issues within the EU.[/quote]
Fair enough, then the buyer would presumably also be entitled to ask for the sellers certification to qualify that they're entitled to charge sales tax?

Thank you all for your comments! I must say that there are different laws in different countries. There are some rules I have to follow if I'd like to sell a guitar that belongs to my company. One of them is the liability to add VAT if the buyer in EU doesn't have an EU VAT nr. Sorry for that! :)
The original price for that bass was 2540 EUR (including VAT).
PS! I have already a few possible buyers. I'll let you know when this one is sold or back on the market.

[quote name='trevthebass' post='435161' date='Mar 15 2009, 02:39 PM']please my man get a grip i sold it for £1100. dont be greddy us blokes dont like that. :rolleyes: :D

regards.
mr funk.E.fingers[/quote]

Sorry, but I cannot sell it cheaper than that. Otherwise I have to pay a lot of taxes and this makes it pointless. :) I don't mind if the bass stays in my collection although I'd be happy if this wonderful bass finds another home. BTW, it's really a wonderful bass! I've had 3 Sadowskys and non of them was not even close to that particular one.

Edited by margusalviste

[quote name='gareth' post='436296' date='Mar 16 2009, 05:00 PM']plus 1

come - i know we are not allowed to comment on prices - but really![/quote]

Really what? He is at liberty to sell it for whatever he thinks the market will bear. If he's wrong, or has drastically misjudged the price, then it won't sell.

Hey, guys! Thank you for your comments but hey, I really cannot comply everyone's expectations. We have certain laws I have to follow because the bass belongs to my company. If that sale ad seems to be not for you please don't waste your time on comments. Just find another bass and buy that one. I'll be completely happy if this bass stays in my collection. Just wanted to make somebody happy, sorry!