Why become a member? ×

INDOOR REHEARSAL

jonunders

• 3 weeks later...

The guys in my band are talking about having a rehearsal in a local studio. I’m really not sure about it , so we have decided to have a open air distanced band meeting instead. 
in the meeting rehearsal will be the biggest topic..... so what do you guys think? We are not remotely professional, we make a net loss from the band.

22 minutes ago, paul_c2 said:

If you're not professional its hard to see how the studio are able to offer this within the current guidelines???

We've been here before. Here's a part of the AIM take on this ...

We’re currently on Stage Three.

“This means that we are now supporting musicians, dancers and actors, and the technical and operational teams that support performing arts production, to safely resume training, rehearsals and recorded performances where organisations wish and are able to,” the guidance says.

Rehearsals and performances with no audiences can resume in England (check guidance for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in case there’s variation), as long as artists, organisations and venues are COVID-secure and adhering to the latest general work guidance on coronavirus, including with appropriate risk assessments carried out. And performances with socially-distanced audiences can take place outdoors.

For rehearsals, indoors, with no audience, there's no question of 'pro' or not, as long as conditions are satisfactory. The 'Pro' part concerns those playing in public, earning their living.
Hope this helps. B|

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

For rehearsals, indoors, with no audience, there's no question of 'pro' or not, as long as conditions are satisfactory. The 'Pro' part concerns those playing in public, earning their living.
Hope this helps. B|

Yes, that helps... thanks!

I do have doubts about wether we can meet the guidance in that rehearsal room. Meeting is on 17th, let’s see what happens....,,,,

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

We've been here before. Here's a part of the AIM take on this ...

Hope this helps. B|

I know.....I've interpreted it differently from you (not surprising given how vague the whole thing is). At the top of the document, it says:

Non-professionals (meaning those participating in performing arts other than for work purposes), or groups which include non-professionals, may refer to this guidance for their activities, but must at all times do so in line with government legislation and guidance on meeting people outside your household.

Non-professionals should currently not engage in singing or playing wind and brass instruments with other people given these activities pose a potentially higher risk of transmission and whilst research is ongoing. DCMS has commissioned further scientific studies to be carried out to develop robust scientific data for these activities. Existing and emerging evidence will be analysed to assist the development of policy and guidelines.

• Thanks 1