Why become a member? ×

Bass humour..: Buyer's Guide

Thundr

16 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

I've had many a debate over the years with many a person about these kind of things and frankly, if you're being brutally honest, it all boils down to the fact that humans as a species are inherently terrible!

There is no denying that the majority of living things on this planet would be FAR better off if we didn't exist. 

No arguments here. 

2 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I didn’t find it funny. Nothing to do with gender offending or anything (is it possible that I’m offended that I didn’t find it offensive) I just didn’t think there was any humour in it.

That's because it just wasn't offensive enough! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

You see here we go with the utter cow poop again. 

If I was a white farmer in South Africa I would run the risk of being murdered in my bed every night just for the colour of my skin, as many have been, and are being on a daily basis.

Where were the mass protests when the Chinese were committing genocide in Tibet. Or when the British and Americans were doing it all across the middle east. Maybe yellow or brown is the wrong shade of black? 

It's a problem specific to a certain area and a certain group of people. I don't want to hear your protestations of racism because some white cop in Bumflip USA is a racist. It's nothing to do with me. It's not a crime I am guilty of because of the pigmentation of my skin, and to claim I have "Male white privilege" as many would say, is I itself a sexist and racist comment, showing the hypocrisy of the current "side with me or you're the problem" mentality. 

I don't want to side with you. I don't want to side with anyone. You want to shout and scream and pull over statues. Go right ahead. You want me to care? That's beyond your remit. 

You need to read some history books. I could take to pieces every one of your examples but got better things to do. Not condoning murder but has it occured to your insular little brain why white farmers  might be at risk in a country in which they are not the the home population? Try reading up about slavery and white supremacy......

I do care that you have such a one dimensional view of the world and are so dismissive of social justice, if I can use an example that you may understand, do you only play your Bass in G?

• ped locked this topic