Why become a member? ×

LOCKED TOPICS - MODS, PLEASE HELP

bassbluestew

Mods,

This has happened to me a few times, I've gone to look at a for sale item and it tells me I'm not allowed to look at it !!! AAAARRRRRGH. The mosr recent example is the Smith bass for sale, I might actually want to buy this. I should clarify it's only the odd thread it's happening with, and only in the for sale item.

S

Edited by bassbluestew

I get the message -

[quote]Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

You are not logged in, you may log in below[/quote]

Even when I try to log in at this point ( although I am already logged in ) it still doesn't work !!

S

If it's client side then why would it have started from nowhere. Nothing has been changed on the PC, nothing upgraded or added or removed, this error has just appeared from absolutely nowhere.

CK, where can I find the IP address I have been assigned ?
I'm using XP, via AOL and as I say nothing has been changed or upgraded since before this error appeared. I have tried logging off/on, shutting down and powering off and coming back on and I still get the error.

It's just plain annoying. I regularly look at the for sale section and this has never happened before.
Stewart

Please note IP addresses might change if your ISP using a dynamic IP assignment. Basically that means your ISP assigns you a new IP from a range that are available at the time you sign in. However your ISP will also keep a log of where each ISP has been assigned so that in the event of something illegal happening, its possible for the ISP to tell the law enforcement authorities who was using what ISP given a time and date of posting.

However while I can see the IP of all posters on this forum, I have no way of telling whether the IP you're posting in this forum is the same as the one you've been assigned while encountering problems if you've logged off your internet connection inbetween.

If you want to find out your IP then there are websites that will ping your connection and tell you.

[url="http://www.palserv.com/ipdisp.html"]http://www.palserv.com/ipdisp.html[/url]
[url="http://www.ip-adress.com/"]http://www.ip-adress.com/[/url]

Use one of these sites next time you have a problem and I will do a bit of jabbing about in the back with a screwdriver and a 2"x4".

Mr CK,

Get your screwdriver out. Used one of your websites ( thanks for that ) -

[quote]My IP address: 195.93.xxx.xxx
IP Address Location: in United Kingdom
ISP of this IP: America Online[/quote]

I am still getting a problem, for example when I try to look at the Smith thread on the for sale forum.

Many thanks for looking at this when I know you have more pressing personal issues going on ( redundancy etc )

Stewart

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='433749' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:58 PM']I am still getting a problem, for example when I try to look at the Smith thread on the for sale forum.

Many thanks for looking at this when I know you have more pressing personal issues going on ( redundancy etc )[/quote]
Hey no problem. It's not like I'm run off my feet with job applications at the moment. For the four that are in, things are looking positive and I may yet still be faced with a choice! In the meantime people are taking their time to make decisions, so its just me and th' toys... :rolleyes:

OK I think I know where the problem is - spent hamsters. So I've just chucked in a new pair of 18v upgrades and inserted a fresh set of rubber bands. So if you have any other problems let me know. (Seriously though, I've made a tweak. So let me know if you do have problems :) )