Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ALL SOLD - Markbass SA 450 & 2 Aguilar GS 112's

I've been running my Mark bass and Aguilar set up for about 3 years now but I've bitten the bullet and down sized to an SWR combo - we just don't gig often enough for me to have all this kit sitting there and, when we do, a combo's probably more practical because we tend to shove everything through the PA anyway.

Sound-wise the Markbass amp and Aguilar cabs are perfect partners - I think there's a few other BC regulars who have more or less the same set up and there's a lot of love out there for this particular combination. Both the amp and cabs are such popular bits of kit that there's not huge amounts I can say about them that hasn't already been said. I suppose the SA 450 is s little less well known than the Little Mark but I plumped for it because I liked the variable gain on the DI out and the the fact that the two bands of mid are semi-parametric, which I think gives you more options in terms of tailoring your sound than the Little Mark.

Everything's in excellent condition - they're probably only been gigged about a dozen times in total over the last 3 years. I can sell the rig as a whole or split according to interest. I can post the amp but not the cabs. The amp includes the rack mount brackets and (if I can find it!) the manual etc. I'll chuck in a good quality speakon lead with each of the cabs too.

Prices: SA 450 - £425 (inc post); GS 112's - £215 each.

Amp and 1 cab - £625; Whole rig - £825. I'm in Chester and you're welcome to pop to try any and all of the set up. I'll get some photos up at the weekend but shoot me a PM if you're interested beforehand.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. I can do Paypal too but buyer will have to pay fees - sorry.

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='429633' date='Mar 9 2009, 06:32 PM']P.S. I can do Paypal too but buyer will have to pay fees - sorry.[/quote]

You can send funds to someone via Paypal as a gift (or something like that), it is an option that the sender has and there are no fees incurred by either party... a public service announcement from WH! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='429647' date='Mar 9 2009, 06:43 PM']You can send funds to someone via Paypal as a gift (or something like that), it is an option that the sender has and there are no fees incurred by either party... a public service announcement from WH! :)[/quote]

That is very true.

PM'd.

Quick update - I've got sales pending on the amp and both cabs at the moment, so thanks to all of you who PM'd me to express an interest. If anything goes the shape of the pear with either of the sales I'll contact you as necessary.

Thanks also to Warwickhunt for pointing out the Paypal gift facility - I never knew that but I suspect it'll come in bloody handy in the future!

Last but not least, I'm changing my ISP in the next couple of days, which may mean my connection goes down and will certainly mean I have to update my e-mail address (I just hope it's worth the hassle). So, if anyone wishes to contact me please post on BC and I'll pick up at work. To both my buyers - you've got my number(s) so please contact me as and when you wish and shoot me a text if you think you'll need my work e-mail address.

Thanks everyone.

Mark

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='429647' date='Mar 9 2009, 06:43 PM']You can send funds to someone via Paypal as a gift (or something like that), it is an option that the sender has and there are no fees incurred by either party... a public service announcement from WH! :)[/quote]

I've used this method of payment a bit lately - do you know if there's a limit on the amount you can send as 'Gift'?

Apologies for the temporary hijack..