Why become a member? ×

What was theidea of the inverse pyramid baffle?

Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='428668' date='Mar 8 2009, 12:29 PM']Did it have some advantage like better treble dispersion, or was it just how to fit speakers in a different sized box?[/quote]Most likely too much weed. California in the '70s, dude. :)
Fender cabs were never shining examples of how to build bass cabs, more often than not being the opposite. This oddity represents their nadir.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='429051' date='Mar 9 2009, 08:34 AM']The cross-firing and upwards firing woofers would improve dispersion but the downwards facing woofer is a v bad idea and the internal volume is hopelessly compromised. Could work ok as a guitar 3x10" though.

Alex[/quote]

Didn't Trace Elliot do 3 x 10 version of this Idea?

[quote name='gilmour' post='429095' date='Mar 9 2009, 09:44 AM']I was thinking that - without the top speaker, but can't find a pic :)[/quote]

That was the first thing I thought of when I opened the thread as well. It was produced with the trident head, so I assume it was called the trident as well.

[attachment=21726:trace_el...triangle.jpg]

[quote name='alexclaber' post='429051' date='Mar 9 2009, 08:34 AM']The cross-firing and upwards firing woofers would improve dispersion but the downwards facing woofer is a v bad idea and the internal volume is hopelessly compromised. Could work ok as a guitar 3x10" though.

Alex[/quote]

So would it actually work 'better' with the top speaker hole plugged? I'd guess the sound bouncing off the floor would comprimise the rest or something. Or would it just be a waste of one speaker to leave it there as it has little to conribute?

Anyway, bit invalid now as I got outbid. Still determined to get some sort of weird looking cab for my mids and highs.