Why become a member? ×

I Wanna Be Sedated

thebeat

I love that bloody track :) makes me all happy and warm inside...matter of fact the whole Leave Home album makes me go all tingly inside and it makes me want to pogo all over the sitting room, I'm Against It! not aff pop pickers!!...3 cheers for the Ramones...at least up until End of the Century :rolleyes:

+1 for the Ramones

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but whenever I'm finding bass practice a bit tiresome (damn scales/improv etc.) I break out the Ramones - particularly Sedated and Pet Cemetery. Nothing than better than an absurdly simple bass part that lets you tear up your practice room (i.e. dining room) while playing.

+1,000,000
Simple yet not simple. With some very deep stuff in some of those lyrics.

Rockaway Beach is one of my all time favs. If only I was in a band that would play it live :)

Def the earlier stuff for me, not much I like after Turn Of The Century (and a deal of that is ropey).

[quote name='Marky L' post='429163' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:17 AM']+1,000,000
Simple yet not simple. With some very deep stuff in some of those lyrics.[/quote]

Very much so +1

Commando , my personal favorite, very apt at the moment.

[quote]They do their best, they do what they can
They get them ready for Vietnam

From old Hanoi to East Berlin
Commando - involved again

They do their best, they do what they can
They get them ready for Vietnam

First rule is: No love of Germany
Second rule is: Be nice to your mommy
Third rule is: Don't talk to commies
Fourth rule is: Eat kosher salamis[/quote]

I saw them in 77 / 78 Free Trade Hall Manchester, 1 hour of solid sound with just the 1,2,3,4 between songs, classic.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='429176' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:24 AM']Very much so +1

Commando , my personal favorite, very apt at the moment.

I saw them in 77 / 78 Free Trade Hall Manchester, 1 hour of solid sound with just the 1,2,3,4 between songs, classic.[/quote]

I'd like to blame them for my ear damage. Saw them at a similar time at the Village Bowl in Bournemouth. (What a fantastic venue.. sadly very long gone). Low ceilings, all black and scuzzy and the 'Mones hammering it out. I have read that in those dats they played at the same volume what ever the venue. The fact that it was my own fault that I stood for a while of it with my head in some stupidly big '70s bass bin is purely coincidental.. m'lud!

because of this thread, i spent my whole IT lesson listening to the ramones. you guys just got me in the mood to listen to their songs. poison hearts another great song, although its not really what i think of when i think the ramones. sheena is a punk rocker, i wanna be sedated, and blitzkrieg bop are my favourite songs with that classic pop-punky ramones sound. would you class the ramones as pop-punk? pop-punk makes me think of newer bands, blink 182, sum 41, nfg etc. but i'd say the ramones are pop-punk, they're definatly huge influences on new pop-punk if not.