Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro5

greghagger

Spector Euro5 for sale £700.

DROPPING THE PRICE TO £700 AS I HAVE MY EYE ON A JAZZ BASS I WANT & NEED MORE CASH!!! VERY REASONABLE PRICE!

In good condition apart from a knock on the top of the headstock which you can see in the photo. It plays great & has some serious punch & low end. It has recently been set up. Lovely bass!! :)

I'm selling it as I'm now using passive basses.

Feel free to ask any questions

Edited by greghagger

IMO that's a great price. I only pay a teeny bit more than that for a brand new one on an endorsement deal! Only potential downside might be colour, but that's all opinion.

If you lower it to £700 and someone doesn't snap your hand off then don't bother selling it if you don't have to!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for the advice guys, dropped the price down if this is now of any interest...... :)

[quote name='Dan_Nailed' post='428177' date='Mar 7 2009, 07:30 PM']IMO that's a great price. I only pay a teeny bit more than that for a brand new one on an endorsement deal! Only potential downside might be colour, but that's all opinion.

If you lower it to £700 and someone doesn't snap your hand off then don't bother selling it if you don't have to![/quote]

Edited by greghagger

Damn - I've been debating whether to go for a Euro or a US as a back up for my current US.

Had pretty much decided on a Euro & this would have been perfect but I've just found a US up for sale as well so need to re-evaluate my choices!

Of course the US is more than twice the price :)

Do you know how much it weighs (bit of a traditional Spector problem for me is that they are often pretty heavy).

[quote name='molan' post='445956' date='Mar 26 2009, 01:24 PM']Damn - I've been debating whether to go for a Euro or a US as a back up for my current US.

Had pretty much decided on a Euro & this would have been perfect but I've just found a US up for sale as well so need to re-evaluate my choices!

Do you know how much it weighs (bit of a traditional Spector problem for me is that they are often pretty heavy).[/quote]

This Euro would make a perfect 'back up' for you . Im starting to prefer my Euro to the US NS5xl.

Hi

just put the bass on the scales & it came out at 11lbs- don't know how accurate that is though? To be honest it isn't the lightest of basses but haven't had a problem gigging it myself....

I also looked at the US models when i got this bass & the price put me off as i couldn't justify spending double the amount!!!

[quote name='molan' post='445956' date='Mar 26 2009, 01:24 PM']Damn - I've been debating whether to go for a Euro or a US as a back up for my current US.

Do you know how much it weighs (bit of a traditional Spector problem for me is that they are often pretty heavy).[/quote]

Same weight as a US, mine is medium weight - my Korean REX is much heavier.

If it's a back up then that affirms all the more reason to buy a Euro - you won't use it as much as the main bass and would save a packet. Plus there is literally almost no difference in tone between the two, and I've tried many, many Euro's and US basses. The difference in quality and feel isn't at all huge, but those areas are where the price difference lies, not the tone or playability.

If I were you I'd pounce on this, it's a great price for a great instrument, and there's definitely a lot of bass for your £700! It'll hold it's resale as well, you could sell it on for £700 again.

All IMO of course.

Edited by Dan_Nailed

[quote name='greghagger' post='446000' date='Mar 26 2009, 02:05 PM']Hi

just put the bass on the scales & it came out at 11lbs- don't know how accurate that is though? To be honest it isn't the lightest of basses but haven't had a problem gigging it myself....

I also looked at the US models when i got this bass & the price put me off as i couldn't justify spending double the amount!!![/quote]

Mine is just under 10lbs I think, they are pretty heavy but I guess that's where some of that big old tone comes from :)

Sorry - forgot to ask. Does the neck have a gloss finish - that's different from the US models?

Don't suppose you need an Epifani UL310 by any chance, lol. . .

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='446574' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:11 PM']Mine is just under 10lbs I think, they are pretty heavy but I guess that's where some of that big old tone comes from :)

Sorry - forgot to ask. Does the neck have a gloss finish - that's different from the US models?

Don't suppose you need an Epifani UL310 by any chance, lol. . .[/quote]

From what i know they are the same bass, just assembled in Chez. Same preamp, and sound and finish. Just cheaper labour.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='446857' date='Mar 27 2009, 07:26 AM']From what i know they are the same bass, just assembled in Chez. Same preamp, and sound and finish. Just cheaper labour.[/quote]

Not strictly true. Many of the US Spectors have the EMG or Aguilar preamp. Some have the tonepump though...
Also, the wood is of a higher grade on US Spectors (e.g 5A instead of 2 or 3A). Nowt wrong with Euros though... and it's all semantics.

Hi the back of the neck does have a gloss finish the same colour as the rest of the bass.

Don't need an Epifani UL310 but worth the ask!!!! After an Ampeg Head though........

[quote name='molan' post='446574' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:11 PM']Mine is just under 10lbs I think, they are pretty heavy but I guess that's where some of that big old tone comes from :)

Don't suppose you need an Epifani UL310 by any chance, lol. . .[/quote]

How do i remove topics as i need to get rid of the ones i have in the wrong sections?!!!

[quote name='cetera' post='447014' date='Mar 27 2009, 11:19 AM']Not strictly true. Many of the US Spectors have the EMG or Aguilar preamp. Some have the tonepump though...
Also, the wood is of a higher grade on US Spectors (e.g 5A instead of 2 or 3A). Nowt wrong with Euros though... and it's all semantics.[/quote]