Why become a member? ×

Sticking Stack Knob

la bam

Hi all,

After loving the sire v7 2 jazz, I've got a sire p7 2 p/j.

Absolutely love it.

However, it's slightly different to the v7 as it has rubber knobs instead of slick plastic ones. The stack knobs (volume and tone and mid range and boost) are slightly sticking together - ie if I move the tone off, the volume goes with it (both knobs move together instead of independently).

I can get around it by holding the one i dont want to move with one hand and moving the other with me other hand, but really it should be a one handed operation.

Does anyone have any experience or tips on how to sort the stack knobs?

Yup - just had to do exactly this. Or, more precisely, @Silvia Bluejay did it for me. 9_9

The lower/outer ring had ridden up ever so slightly to touch the upper/central knob. She slackened off the grubscrew for the lower ring, pushed it down less than 1mm, re-tightened, and all was good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

If you get the right size allen key and on the top half of the stack, just slacken the allen bolt and move it a bollock hair up and re tighten and Bob`s your very strange auntie.

I had to do it with my P7.

2 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Yup - just had to do exactly this. Or, more precisely, @Silvia Bluejay did it for me. 9_9

The lower/outer ring had ridden up ever so slightly to touch the upper/central knob. She slackened off the grubscrew for the lower ring, pushed it down less than 1mm, re-tightened, and all was good.

Cheers! I'll give that a go. Thanks.