Why become a member? ×

Rare Album Misprints/mispressings

lemonstar

I've still got a Saxon 7" picture disc which is a mispressing. It has the A side, The Bands Played On, on both sides (it's not supposed to). Whether it has any rarity I have no idea, but I doubt it has much value as I cant see Saxon singles being in great demand. At the time I did go back to the shop. They said they hadn't come across any others so I kept it.

Not a mispressing/misprint as such, but the converse to the "pillock who took it back" story.

I bought My Bloody Valentine album "Isn't Anything" - the first 5000 copies of which came with a free MBV single. Except mine was with a different single (also on Creation Records). Like a pillock I kept it, thinking that I already had 12 MBV songs, and this would be a bit of variety.

Still kicking myself 33 years later!

Here's a small but slightly odd label printing error. I bought the CSN&Y album, Deja Vu, in 1970 (still got it) but it wasn't until a bit later I noticed that the words "ONE" and "TWO" in the centre strip of the label had each been assigned to the wrong side. The actual track pressings are correct and the song titles are correct for each side. Just those two words that are wrongly printed. 
I worked in record shops in the 70s and 80s and was a manager for over 10 years and although there must have been a few that were printed before the error was spotted, personally I never came across another copy. 

SIDE ONE
20200922_184948aaa.jpg.6d034135b04dbac406af691a4b41b374.jpg

SIDE TWO
20200922_184905bbb.jpg.715e2e4fbb6c8cb84ffc9184cdeb64b6.jpg

6 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

Here's a small but slightly odd label printing error. I bought the CSN&Y album, Deja Vu, in 1970 (still got it) but it wasn't until a bit later I noticed that the words "ONE" and "TWO" in the centre strip of the label had each been assigned to the wrong side. The actual track pressings are correct and the song titles are correct for each side. Just those two words that are wrongly printed. 
I worked in record shops in the 70s and 80s and was a manager for over 10 years and although there must have been a few that were printed before the error was spotted, personally I never came across another copy. 

SIDE ONE
20200922_184948aaa.jpg.6d034135b04dbac406af691a4b41b374.jpg

SIDE TWO
20200922_184905bbb.jpg.715e2e4fbb6c8cb84ffc9184cdeb64b6.jpg

I can’t help thinking I’ve seen that somewhere before.

• Haha 2