Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

ogri

in superb condition(always flightcased)

Ev loaded, horn thingy with off/high/low, with castored flightcase(top quality packhorse) which lifts off to leave cab in base, two front castors are locking.

the bloke who bought it new and had it before me hardly used it over the years he had it so the Evb's are still mint.

reason for sale; mike dirnt signature precision..i bought it as a second bass but love playing it so much the MIA jazz is the spare now, and whilst the Jazz/ampeg/mesa had the perfect tone for the stuff we do, the precision/ampeg/mesa is too poky, sounds like jean jacques or foxton is playing on every choon..i woulda loved it 15 years back when i was doing that kinda stuff but more laid back now.
sound fecking great on the bass solo from "my generation" which we always do in the encore though..
so i think a 2x15 swap is the way forward.
but what do i know, im only a bricklayer..

£350, which aint expensive but it aint cheap either, id rather keep it than let it go for silly money. ps im after a 2x15 thats going here, if that goes before my cab does, i'll prolly remove it from sale unless another one rears its head, just so's you kno :)

will post some photos later

forgot to say cab is converted tp speakon (i hate jack leads), so will come with speakon to speakon and speakon to jack h/duty leads..sorry its been so long getting back, lotta stuff happening at the mo.

Edited by ogri

Would consider swap for Mesa Diesel 2x 15 EV, 800 watts, 4 ohm (also stereo option 2 x 8 ohm) road-ready (flightcase) version
Well gigged, but absolutely no issues and sounds wonderful. Love it, but I have a 1516BE to use as a "big" cab, and yours would make a great "small" one.
Ampeg heads with Mesa cabs are the pefect combination IMO! PM if interested.

[quote name='Shaggy' post='424889' date='Mar 4 2009, 11:15 AM']Would consider swap for Mesa Diesel 2x 15 EV, 800 watts, 4 ohm (also stereo option 2 x 8 ohm) road-ready (flightcase) version
Well gigged, but absolutely no issues and sounds wonderful. Love it, but I have a 1516BE to use as a "big" cab, and yours would make a great "small" one.
Ampeg heads with Mesa cabs are the pefect combination IMO! PM if interested.[/quote]

Mesa Diesel 2x15 road ready - my favourite EVER cab.

[quote name='jonthebass' post='425054' date='Mar 4 2009, 01:42 PM']Hi Ogri,
Please do get some pics up, would be great to see the old beast if possible.

JTB[/quote]
just dragged my sorry arse in from work gonna take some pics soon mate :)

[quote name='ogri' post='427085' date='Mar 6 2009, 12:13 PM']sorry i aint had time to get back to anybody or post photos yet blokes am flat out but will sort it weekend..its always the same in the building trade either everybody wants you or nobody.. :)[/quote]
photos added

blokes, thanks for all the interest, ive been trying a few 2x15s locally but apart from the mesa(and thats no longer going) they sound flat as a fart next to the diesel, so i got no choice but to take it off sale. :) :rolleyes:
i'll just havta go back to using me jazz for most of the set.
thanks again for the enquiries, and those that particularly want a diesel 4x10 should hang out til they get one..id forgotten just how good it was for the sound i personally love until i went to change it :D ;)

[quote name='ogri' post='430956' date='Mar 10 2009, 08:29 PM']blokes, thanks for all the interest, ive been trying a few 2x15s locally but apart from the mesa(and thats no longer going) they sound flat as a fart next to the diesel, so i got no choice but to take it off sale. :) :rolleyes:
i'll just havta go back to using me jazz for most of the set.
thanks again for the enquiries, and those that particularly want a diesel 4x10 should hang out til they get one..id forgotten just how good it was for the sound i personally love until i went to change it :D ;)[/quote]

Good man and you know it makes sense!

Cheers,
JTB