Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro LX5 / ACG02

niceguyhomer

Any interest in a virtually new Spector Euro LX5 with a recently fitted ACG02 preamp / newish Hiscox case?

Fact is I love this bass but I have severe shoulder problems and need something lighter and my ideal bass is up for sale here and now so this is a one off. If the bass I want to buy goes, this'll be withdrawn.

Two slight issues - there's a hairline lacquer split on the back between the battery cavity cover and the edge of the bass. It can't be seen from the front of the bass and can hardly be seen from the back either. I've had to gently file the B string groove to get a 130 B string in the slot - it's a neat job, hardly noticeable and doesn't affect anything. Spector are aware that their bridges won't take a 130 B and I'm in negotiation to get a replacement bridge but there's no guarantee so it would be sold on that basis.

The ACG preamp is a true revelation and the most versatile thing I've ever come across, and it's beatufully made and installed with love.

Other members have played this and will tell you what a special bass this is.

I'm selling it at more or less what it cost me - £775 ovno. Meet / deliver within a reasonable distance or ship at your expense.

More pics (with new preamp) to follow.

Edited by niceguyhomer

As a Spector Euro owner myself and as the geezer what fitted the pre-amp I'd just like to echo what's been said and more. The two minor issues mentioned by Alan really are minor and this is truly a VAS.

A what? A Value Added Spector. The bass has retained all the classic Spector balls and has gained depth and versatility. If I was a 5 string player I wouldn't hesitate to jump at it, and yes my 4 now has an ACG02 fitted as well ;)

Peter

OH MY WORD......

This bass is utterly outstanding. I played it a couple of weeks ago, and was knocked out. BIG bottom end, crisp clean top, power in buckets, but capable of almost any tone you need thanks to the awesome ACG pre. If I hadn't just bought the Overwater I'd be having this, no question.

Fancy a Spector? Well this is the one, I promise you.

Sadly, I haven't got Celinder money Pedro but if I did, I'd be in like Flynn. It's no big deal if I have to keep it, I've got my (very light) Rebop and my new P's not too bad weightwise so I'll just use this a bit less frequently and hope my shoulder improves.

One day, I will have a Sadowsky.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='421025' date='Feb 27 2009, 03:41 PM']One day, I will have a Sadowsky.[/quote]
Hey Al,

Have you tried a Sadowsky outboard pre? It makes almost any bass sound absolutely marvelous. If you can get your mitts on a jazz or P-bass to try this with then I'll send you mine to try if you like. I'm just playing DB right now so I can part with it for a month or so. It's a different beast altogether than the EBS Micro.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Tom

You're all way too kind - it's great to have such good friends - thanks a bunch for all your offers to help me out. I gigged with it last night at a small pub in Oldham and it was fabulous and I've just this minute got back from doing a posh wedding at Samlesbury Hall where I used it again and it was truly astonishing. This preamp is fantastic - it's made a superb bass even better.

I'm going to keep it and get my shoulder fettled. :)