TorVic

WITHDRAWN: Mike Sabre - Dominique Di Piazza 5 - new signature model
£2595
The Hague, Netherlands

*WITHDRAWN*

http://www.mike-sabre.com/Models/DDiPiazzaModels/NewSignatureModel/newsignaturemodel.html

http://www.mike-sabre.com/Price/index.html

(Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)

• Bass is in excellent condition and will ship in a generic case packed in a cardboard box. Will ship by UPS standard (shipping costs to mainland UK/EU included in the price.)  
  • Open to part-trades  

Bought here on BC - previous sale thread (*with video of this bass*): 

Spec: 

- 35" scale length (89cm), 19mm spacing at bridge

- Mahogany & Rosewood Base
- Chambered Body
- Top Maple & Rosewood
- Maple Neck & Pao Ferro 24 Frets Fretboard
- Dominique Di Piazza fretless bridge
- Mapple Finger Ramp
- Humbucker Hand Made Hepcat Pickup 
- Schaller BML Tuner

IMG_6488.jpgIMG_6502.jpg

Edited by TorVic
WITHDRAWN
  • Like 3

This one is a beauty, especially compared to Dominique Di Piazza (ugly, to me) personal model.

Does this one also have the narrow 17mm strings spacing at the bridge ?

Also another wonderful instrument, Victor, and the fretless sound you can get with this sitar-like bridge is amazing.

GLWYS.

• Thanks 1

Dat bridge... with a good setup, it can mimick perfectly (yes, perfectly) the sound of a fretless bass.  Great instrument. 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2020 at 15:46, Henrythe8 said:

Dat bridge... with a good setup, it can mimick perfectly (yes, perfectly) the sound of a fretless bass.  Great instrument. 

How?

Edit: nevermind, curiosity got the better of me so I went off to read up.

Edited by Chris2112

28 minutes ago, Chris2112 said:

How?

Edit: nevermind, curiosity got the better of me so I went off to read up.

It's simply a "flat" bridge, exactly like a sitar bridge, hence this fretless sound. Nothing magical in this. 😉

The Mike Sabre Dominique Di Piazza, the Eyb DDP and the Neuser NFS are very close in their conception. The Neuser Fretless System can be disengaged for a fretted sound too.

Have a free bump on me, Victor.

• Thanks 1

I got a question about the fretless tone, my experience with this bass, and why I am letting this go. My response is as follows: 

It is a wonderful design and the tone in a mix really seems like a fretless. It's got some old strings now and I think it will be even better with some new strings.

The only thing I don't like is that it is 35" scale. I've discovered over the years that 34" is the most comfortable scale length for me.  I am a bit conflicted about letting it go as it is simple, effective, and very well-built. 

I recorded a demo bass track (with double stops). The track is given below.  

(recording info: volume fully open - tone control rolled down a bit - the bass was run through a Zoom B3N patch, into a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, into CakeWalk .)

Edited by TorVic
updated description
  • Like 2

Nicely done! I'm inspired to check out some beatle solo bass now!

Really interested in this bass, genuinely innovative stuff.

• Thanks 1

You see you bass you like on BC, you buy it, you fall in love with it, but then other ones come along and you ignore this one, you decide to list for sale, you start using it more in that process, you fall more in love with it and you can't let it go!

So it goes with this one. It is withdrawn. Thanks to all you showed interest. If I relist it here, I will notify those who are still interested for first dibs. Cheers.   

• Like 1

Very good idea, Vic. That said playing again a bass you've listed is always dangerous. ;)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TorVic
      Trades/Part-trades: P or PJ -basses /Stingray Special HH / 33" 5-string / 24-frets  with appropriate cash adjustments - trade value 1250 EUR / 1145 GBP
      Price dropped: 1150eur / 1035GBP + shipping 
      (Located in The Hague, NL. My feedback history: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/280308-feedback-for-torvic/page/3/#comments)
      Selling this Mike Sabre bass (the DDP-I model) that I bought here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/343402-sold-mike-sabre-5-string/?tab=comments#comment-3760972
      *Will ship in a generic hard-case.  
      Website: http://www.mike-sabre.com/Models/DDiPiazzaModels/SignatureModel/signaturemodel.html
      Weight: 4.2kg
      Current strings: E-C
      Spec from website: 
      Nud width :
      - 4 strings : 1-1/16"(42,85 mm) / 1-1/2"(38,10 mm)
      - 5 strings : 1-3/4"(44,45 mm) / 1-7/8"(47,62 mm)
      Width at last fret :
      - 4 strings : 2 5/8" (66 mm)
      - 5 cordes : 2.906" (74 mm)
      Fingerboard radius : 10°
      Scale length : 34" (866 cm)
      Number of frets : 24
      Neck :
      - One piece quarter-sawn maple
      - Asymmetric back shape
      - Triple reinforced Truss Rod System
      - WARMOTH construction
      Fingerboard wood : Pau Ferro
      Fret size : 6105 "Hard nickel siver 18%"
      Body wood : Alder
      Tuners : Schaller BML Light Bass
      Bridge : Dominique Di Piazza Fretless Bridge
      String spacing at bridge:
      - 4 strings : 3/4" (19 mm)
      - 5 strings : 17 mm
      Pickups :  two pickups EMG
      Electronic :
      - Volume, Volume, Tone
      Finger ramp : Acajou
      Finish : Clear gloss

• By TorVic
      Trades: P or PJ -basses / Stingray Special HH / 33" 5-string / / 24-frets with appropriate cash adjustments - trade value 1750 EUR / 1600 GBP
      Price dropped: 1500eur / 1350 GBP 
      Got this here and it is still like new! Only played occasionally at home. Selling to fund another purchase - no trades
      Here's the description borrowed from the previous sale: 
      New price: 2565 USD (bass) + 300 USD (shipping costs) + 687 USD import costs = 3552USD / 3152Euro / 2790GBP 34 "scale lightweight Swamp Ash body with Wengé veneer and Brazillian Olive wood top 7 piece Maple / Wengé neck with a nice dark piece Ebony for the fretboard 24 fret lines with dot markings on the side of the neck 2 Nordstrand Zen blade pickups passive Volume / Balance / Tone Ebony ramp (slides in - not affixed with any adhesive)  Gotoh tuners and mono-rail bridges  weight ~4.4 kg website: https://mgbassguitars.com/ 

• By Kevsy71
      For sale only: Yamaha TRB II 5 string.

35" scale for a mighty B string, and an active B/M/T pre with volume/blend. Purchased from Brother Jones of this parish but now need to make space for impending house move...
      43mm nut
      4.6 kg
      19mm spacing at bridge 
      Condition:
      Cosmetically as per photos, one small dent on front shown.
      Fully working order and a lovely player.
      All controls work well, although the centre detentes don't 'bite' as much as they maybe should. But the pots hold their position and I've never had a problem.
      Comes with gig bag, of which the pocket zip doesn't work but the main bag zip does.
      Will ship for free in UK by Parcelforce 48
      My feedback: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/235157-kevsy71/
      Cheers!
      Kev

• By nige1968
      Turns out I really need £350, and how is this German-built five-string two-pickup bass not worth such a paltry amount? Rhetorical question, btw.
      Anyway, AYMBA, before the Rockbass thing, Warwick produced these entry-level passive Streamers in Germany. This one is the 5-string, 2-pickup model, built in September 2000. The body is carolena (pine, apparently) and the neck is ovangkol. Natural oil finish and one-piece bridge. Sounds very nice too, though the output seems a bit quieter than most basses -- I understand that's down to the pots used on this model, but haven't got around to replacing them. Proper solid chunky wood, hence 4.2kg / 9.26lb. Comes in a Warwick gig bag ('proudly made with RokTex©'). Some wear and tear to the body if you look closely. Strung low E to high C.
      Sensible offers entertained. Sorry, no overseas postage. Not keen to post at all, in fact, but might be persuadable within the UK.
      OK, £275 anyone? Pretty much what you'd pay for a cheapo Rockbass, only you get a proper German one to show off to your mates and feel all growed up.
      All the pics:

• By Cog1977
      USA Peavey Millennium Plus 5-string   £550     Body: Alder with flame maple top Finish: Gloss lacquer Scale: 35" Neck and fingerboard: Maple Pickups: 1x Peavey VFL active style, 1x Peavey VFL active soapbar  Controls: Active 18v 3 band preamp with mid sweep control Frets: 21 Medium Nut width: 47mm Neck width: 69mm at 21st fret String spacing at bridge: 17.5mm Weight: 4.24kg / 9lb 4oz Dunlop Straploks   This was originally bought here on Basschat as a back up instrument to my 5-string Peavey Cirrus.  It served well as a back up and wasn’t actually used except in a rehearsal and at home!  It plays great however, and for those wanting a narrower string spacing on a 5-string it’s a good fit.  It feels ‘easier’ to play than my Musicman Bongo (due to neck shape I suppose).  It reminds me of the smoothness of my Mike Lull, but with a narrower string spacing.  The active EQ can dial in a huge range of sounds making this an extremely versatile instrument.  This article from back in the day features it in a high end 5-string shoot out:   http://www.statii.com/status_cats/reviews/15/index.html   Here are some of the specs as listed in that article:   Condition: very good with just a few minor flaws (see photos): surface scratch on the back of the bass; a slight string mark on the edge of the neck pickup; small mark on the back near the neck join.   This bass does not come with a case, so pickup preferred, but willing to discuss shipping.  Based in Bradford.