Why become a member? ×

Warwick thumb *WITHDRAWN*

mickd

Looking to sell my warwick thumb 4 string bolt on,it is in mint condition (the only blemish on it is a slight flake of paint that has come off one of the tuners).
It is a 1999 model so it has the wenge neck (which most players seem to prefer over the ovangcol ones) and an ovangcol body.
It comes complete with warwick gig,wax and truss rod adjuster.
looking to sell this to finance some GAS! Reduced to £600!
cheers Mick.

Edited by mickd

[quote name='Chelios' post='419191' date='Feb 25 2009, 12:43 PM']Rellly nice man, i have a 5 string, Only thing is, looking at the pictures, it looks like, between the strap button and bridge there is a a crack in the wood or a white mark?[/quote]

Just looks like a prominent glue line in the 2 piece body join?

[quote name='Chelios' post='419191' date='Feb 25 2009, 12:43 PM']Rellly nice man, i have a 5 string, Only thing is, looking at the pictures, it looks like, between the strap button and bridge there is a a crack in the wood or a white mark?[/quote]
Its definatly not a crack!
Its like martthebass pointed out its the line where the two halves of the body join.

[quote name='mickd' post='419160' date='Feb 25 2009, 12:08 PM']Looking to sell my warwick thumb 4 string bolt on,it is in mint condition (the only blemish on it is a slight flake of paint that has come off one of the tuners).
It is a 1999 model so it has the wenge neck (which most players seem to prefer over the ovangcol ones) and an ovangcol body.
looking to sell this to finance some GAS! Reduced to £620.
cheers Mick.[/quote]
Reduced to £620!

[quote name='mickd' post='419160' date='Feb 25 2009, 12:08 PM']Looking to sell my warwick thumb 4 string bolt on,it is in mint condition (the only blemish on it is a slight flake of paint that has come off one of the tuners).
cheers Mick.[/quote]
bump.
still for sale. :)

[quote name='mickd' post='424388' date='Mar 3 2009, 06:45 PM']I Can't believe it either,cheers simon![/quote]

Thumbs are pure marmite, but when the right buyer comes along they'll likely snap it up very quickly.

[quote name='rjb' post='424788' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:25 AM']Thumbs are pure marmite, but when the right buyer comes along they'll likely snap it up very quickly.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, exactly what happened when I sold mine.

Good luck mate that's a decent price! Just a case of waiting for the aforementioned right buyer.

[quote name='joe_bass' post='424883' date='Mar 4 2009, 11:10 AM']Couldn't agree more, exactly what happened when I sold mine.

Good luck mate that's a decent price! Just a case of waiting for the aforementioned right buyer.[/quote]
Thanks joebass,it is a cracking bass so if it doesnt sell i wont be too distraught!

[quote name='Chipps' post='426856' date='Mar 6 2009, 01:57 AM']Aaargh! That's far too lovely... But I already have a four string Corvette - I surely don't need another Warwick do I?[/quote]

Of course you do! :)

Seriously though, the tone on Thumb basses is kick-arse.

[quote name='Chipps' post='426856' date='Mar 6 2009, 01:57 AM']Aaargh! That's far too lovely... But I already have a four string Corvette - I surely don't need another Warwick do I?[/quote]
Hey Chipps, you're just down the road from me in Tod! I wonder if this is the world famous chipps of singletrack??? If so greetings from a bass playing meta 5 rider!

[quote name='mickd' post='427166' date='Mar 6 2009, 01:28 PM']Hey Chipps, you're just down the road from me in Tod! I wonder if this is the world famous chipps of singletrack??? If so greetings from a bass playing meta 5 rider![/quote]

Well, I'm Chipps from Singletrack. Not sure about the world fame bit though :)

A Meta 5? Nice...
Let me know if you want to part ex your bass for any bike gear :-)
Unfortunately I play bass as well as I ride bikes - extremely averagely...

New issue out next week though.
Rambling reply due to deadline tiredness...
Cheers!

[quote name='Chipps' post='427414' date='Mar 6 2009, 06:11 PM']Well, I'm Chipps from Singletrack. Not sure about the world fame bit though :)

A Meta 5? Nice...
Let me know if you want to part ex your bass for any bike gear :-)
Unfortunately I play bass as well as I ride bikes - extremely averagely...

New issue out next week though.
Rambling reply due to deadline tiredness...
Cheers![/quote]
I am actually on the look out for a decent hardtail so you never know... :rolleyes:

cheers Mick.[/quote]
Still for sale! bump!

[quote name='MB1' post='434085' date='Mar 13 2009, 07:29 PM']MB1. :rolleyes:
Whats Causing your GAS Attack?....BUMP! :D[/quote]
Hello MB1,
I'm looking for a very nice fender jazz,preferably a 75 reissue.
Cheers Mick. :)