Why become a member? ×

Help for more information please......

mikebass456

I'm trying to find out more information about a second-hand bass I bought around 2013.

Attached couple of pictures of my relic 58 precision, which I bought from Bass Gear, which were taken from the website prior to buying.

I seem to remember that part of the description mentioned that it was built from all genuine fender parts, and used by a 'named' player to replace their original 58 precision(s) from going out on the road.

I've always wondered about its precise (no pun intended) origins, especially as its got the most amazing precision tone and sound I've ever got from precisions!

Its lately been getting more attention regarding its sound, and back-story from other players, so I'm wondering if anyone can shed more light as to its pedigree?

PA240063.jpeg

7.jpeg

2.jpeg

3 hours ago, OliverBlackman said:

Looks a bit like the one ricks fine 52 put together and sold on here.

I think you're right. I definitely recall him putting one together and selling it on here.

@molan is your man to confirm though. Barrie was part owner of the much missed Bass Gear :(

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Thanks 1