Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bruce's Bass

Geddys nose

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Jam-Bruce-Foxtons-previously-owned-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ190288455200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_Autographs_CV?hash=item190288455200&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Jam-Bruce-Foxton...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

The bass that did All Mod Cons don't know about the asking price but there's no doubt its a bit of history..

Lots of people have far too much money (although given the credit crunch maybe a few less now!).

If I had a few million in the bank this would make a very nice conversation piece. It at least makes a nice change to have letters of authenticity rather than the usual 'belonged to John Entwistle's late mother's pet budgie etc. etc."

If you look at the price of 70's Fenders in Vintage and Rare , then you factor in it's history , the fame of it's previous owner , it's provenance and it's likely value in future , baring in mind the seller is a collector rather than a musician - I don't think a start price of 3 grand is too terrible at all.

If I'd won the lotto last night I still wouldn't buy it , but I'm not interested in owning rock memorabilia. Some folk are.

Re. the comment about the credit crunch.... there are plenty of folk out there looking for a safe investment . I'm not sure this is one but vintage guitars - partic at the current deflated prices - seem a reasonable investment to me at the mo.

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='416635' date='Feb 22 2009, 02:36 PM']At least it's in better nick than paul simonon's. ;)

[/quote]

i'd rather simonon's though, i'd stick it up next to my poster of the london calling album cover. good conversation starter, even for people who don't know anything about basses.

EDIT: oh, just noticed they got it up next to a poster of the london calling album cover... my idea doesn't seem as good any more

Edited by LWTAIT