Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Custom built 2x10" with horn PRICE DROP £40!!!

peted

[size=6][b]*** SOLD ***[/b][/size]
This cab was made by a friend of mine here in Norwich under his own brand of ELK. The speakers are Tayden Audio Systems 16 Ohm 150 Watt power handling each. Making the cab 8 Ohms with 300 Watts power handling total. I used to run this with another 15" cab as a mini stack but sold the 15" years ago. The cab is carpet covered with recessed handles. Sounds great on its own or paired with a 15". I bought this off of a friend of mine and played a couple of gigs with it but it has been stored under the stairs in my hallway since I moved house 2 years ago. Really need to shift it as the Mrs is looking for more space to store her growing shoe collection.

[size=6][b]*** SOLD ***[/b][/size]

Edited by peted

[quote name='peted' post='44029' date='Aug 10 2007, 10:48 PM']This cab was made by a friend of mine here in Norwich under his own brand of ELK. The speakers are Celestion as he is a distributor. I believe the power handling is 300 Watts 8 Ohms. I used to run this with another 15" cab as a mini stack but sold the 15" years ago. The cab is carpet covered with recessed handles. Sounds great on its own or paired with a 15". I bought this off of a friend of mine and played a couple of gigs with it but it has been stored under the stairs in my hallway since I moved house 2 years ago. Really need to shift it as the Mrs is looking for more space to store her growing shoe collection.

[size=6][b]£100[/b][/size][/quote]
Could you let me know the dimensions and is it particularly heavy?
Cheers,
Stuart

• 3 weeks later...

I had a PM asking what the drivers in this cab were. I've opened it up this morning and they are Tayden Audio Systems 16 Ohm 150 Watt drivers model 10620 GB R. I've taken photos of the inside as well while I had it open.
[attachment=2056:DSCF0042.JPG]
[attachment=2057:DSCF0043.JPG]
[attachment=2058:DSCF0044.JPG]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='overwater#1' post='64159' date='Sep 22 2007, 08:04 PM']Where abouts are you based? Near Blackpool?? :) :huh: If you are.. :huh: Never heard of Naaaridge ![/quote]
Sorry, it's local speak for Norwich. Nowhere near Blackpool I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Answers to some common questions i'm getting via PM:

I'm based in Norwich, Norfolk, but i'm moving down to Chelmsford, Essex by the end of February. I have never tried the cab with a Trace Elliot head, but it should be a good match. The build is similar to the designs by Trace and Peavey. I've plugged the details into Interparcel.net (I had to guess the weight from a similar cab) and it's come out at £13.50 delivery using 'Interlink 3'. I don't know if this courier has a depot in Norwich, and assuming that they will collect it from my home at a time when I'm not working then that's a much better price than I can get from Parcel Force.

What does it sound like? That's quite subjective. I'd say it's quite full range as it's a large enclosure for good deep response and has the tweeter to cover the highs. Speed of response is good because it's ported, as well as the clarity. I've only gigged it a few times and it has sounded fine. I've only ever used 4 string basses through it, so I can't vouch for how well it handles a low 'B' string on a 5.

P.S. I did have a local guy come round to try it out with his Ashdown head and 5 string. He had the sub-octaver thing on his Ashdown turned on and this cab certainly did not like the low 'B' string in any way. If you like your sound to be super-low then I would stay away from 10"s and get a good 15" speaker. Common sense to me.

Edited by peted

• 4 months later...

** BUMP **

Price now reduced to £40!! (though it's buyer collect only now)

Cab is still located at my old house in Norwich, but will be moved to Rayleigh Essex in the next few weeks if that's an easier location to pick it up from.

[quote name='Oxblood' post='44376' date='Aug 12 2007, 11:02 AM']That HF driver will be an ELKHORN, then? :huh:

Sorry. Couldn't resist.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Not advisable to mess with an Elk with the Horn!....This is a STEAL AT £40 shame your not..... LOCAL!
A Bargain Sir! BUMP!