Why become a member? ×

FT/FS Fender 2008 USA Standard Jazz

DirkThrust

I'm thinking of trading this as I no longer play it since the acquisition of a Precision. It's about 4 months old. Bought from GAK and in absolutely mint condition. It comes with the Fender supplied flight case and all the bits.

What I want for it is quite limited. I really only want to trade up so I'm offering this + cash for a Stingray 5 if I like the colour, or another Precision or Precision clone, preferably in sunburst, ideally a '57 or '62 re-issue, or possibly a hot-rodded P.

Edited by AndyMartin

[quote name='mrcrow' post='422527' date='Mar 1 2009, 06:30 PM']hope you get some action on this one....it still appeals to me..[/quote]

Nothing concrete at the moment.

TBH although it hasn't quite got the sound I like I' know I'll regret selling it, so if it doesn't go I won't be too bothered :)

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='409121' date='Feb 13 2009, 10:44 PM']I'm thinking of trading this as I no longer play it since the acquisition of a Precision. It's about 4 months old. Bought from GAK and in absolutely mint condition. It comes with the Fender supplied flight case and all the bits.

What I want for it is quite limited. I really only want to trade up so I'm offering this + cash for a Stingray 5 if I like the colour, or another Precision or Precision clone, preferably in sunburst, ideally a '57 or '62 re-issue, or possibly a hot-rodded P.[/quote]
swap for A stingray in honey burst with maple neck 4 string though??? will send pix when im back from work tmro

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='422651' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:47 PM']Nothing concrete at the moment.

TBH although it hasn't quite got the sound I like I' know I'll regret selling it, so if it doesn't go I won't be too bothered :)[/quote]

well my ray is still here awaiting a sale...a swap is a possibility..
but lets see how things go..if you are still interested

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='424226' date='Mar 3 2009, 03:36 PM']NO cash offers but a few trade offers that aren't quite what I'm after.[/quote]

are you still interested in my stingray 5

another bump for a really great looking jazz

cheers

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='424226' date='Mar 3 2009, 04:36 PM']NO cash offers but a few trade offers that aren't quite what I'm after.[/quote]

I have the cash . If only you wanted to ship...
Good luck with the sale. This is a great looking bass.

[quote name='mrcrow' post='425313' date='Mar 4 2009, 05:12 PM']are you still interested in my stingray 5

another bump for a really great looking jazz

cheers[/quote]

Hi Geof,

Possibly. It's the distance that is the sticking point for me.

Also my wife has just told me that she's pregnant so I think my days of buying basses are over for about 20 years!! :) :rolleyes:

Maybe I should have one last blowout before the baby arrives :D ;)

[quote name='jocke' post='425418' date='Mar 4 2009, 06:53 PM']I have the cash . If only you wanted to ship...
Good luck with the sale. This is a great looking bass.[/quote]

Yeah I know :)

I just can't face the process of scrounging round for packaging materials then packing it up and then waiting nervously to find out if it's arrived in one piece.

If I can't find a buyer I can meet I will hold on to it. The only reason I am selling it is to buy another anmd all the ones I like the look of like Fender CS or re-issues are so much more expensive I don't know if I can justify the extra outlay at the moment.

Incidentally what is that bass in your avatar? It looks like a Lakland with a darkstar. Is that a standard fit?