Why become a member? ×

Another: what order shall i put these in? thread

agoulding

Ive only recently started using fx, and im not sure if there is a better way to use my pedals

Atm i have, in this order of setup

Amt Slap Bass>>Red Llama Clone>>EBS Octabass>>Behringer Delay>>Ashdown Envelope Plus (replacing my micro qtron)>>Morley Dual wah.

ive also added a line6 bass pod. im not sure where to put that either and my amp does not have an fx loop. any ideas?

depends what you're using the POD for I'd say... If you're running the pod as a pre-amp, I'd be tempted to try the POD first in the chain, then you get all the tonal jiggery-pokery you like, without the POD affecting all the tone from your pedals...
Alternatively, if you'd prefer to notch down the crazy effects, then POD at the end would make sense...

Bang it in both ends (if you'll pardon the expression!) and see what sounds best to your ears, that's the best way.

There are few hard & fast rules, so mess them around and see what your ears like.

However you should put the Octabass first so it has a clean note to track. Personally I would put the delay after the fuzz/distorion or whatever the Llama is classified as as I think delayed fuzz is better than a fuzzy delay.

[quote name='agoulding' post='408666' date='Feb 13 2009, 03:13 PM']Ive only recently started using fx, and im not sure if there is a better way to use my pedals

Atm i have, in this order of setup

Amt Slap Bass>>Red Llama Clone>>EBS Octabass>>Behringer Delay>>Ashdown Envelope Plus (replacing my micro qtron)>>Morley Dual wah.

ive also added a line6 bass pod. im not sure where to put that either and my amp does not have an fx loop. any ideas?[/quote]

Hmm. I would put the octabass first so it gets the cleanest signal, then the red llama as it sounds better going into pedals rather than other pedals going into it, then id have the wah, then the ashdown filter, then the amt slap bass, then the delay

I'm with toasted, you gotta try stuff. Grab a brew, sit on the floor with bass, in front of pedals and play, should take ages even with a few pedals, and it's good fun, often resulting in some pleasent suprises!

As said many times before, octave first, ain't nowt worse than a flailing octave effect!

I will be doing just that when my new [u]meat[/u]y filter arrives, should be here today, I'm going to have a [u]ball[/u] ;)

T

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='412268' date='Feb 17 2009, 05:45 PM']..reassuringly!

Not too bad, been after one for a while, a 10% e-bay voucher helped!

Thought it would have landed today, but alas, no![/quote]

Tell me about it - I'm waiting on an Octavius Squeezer showing up from the USA, it's a week late so far. ;)

If your Meatball's only [i]as good[/i] as my Meatwad you'll be a happy chappy.