Why become a member? ×

Moog Taurus bass pedals

BrunoBass

39 minutes ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

It also didn't cost the £2k or upwards that Taurus would cost, used. If I could find one.

I'm maybe £100 all up. Maybe a little more. I'm still keen to do a simple internal analogue synth. It's all out there and I'll continue to look into it.

Keep us posted John. Maybe you should have created a new build topic on how you did all this and how you will do the next set. Being a Prog fan i've always fancied a set but as you say Taurus are just ridiculous prices even 2nd hand.

The Crumar Bassman looks quite impressive too.

Dave

When I first read the starting post, I was thinking this guy knows G. Lee, but no. Still, a Rick and those Taurus pedals make me see this famous trio. I do not understand how he could play bass pedals and guitar and sing at the same time.

I use bass pedals in Landmarq but to be honest it's a crude set up put together by our keyboard player. Organ bass pedals midi'd through a Roland processor and sent to the PA. Still does the job required though and when they grow up they want to be a set of Taurus pedals! :D 

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Keep us posted John. Maybe you should have created a new build topic on how you did all this and how you will do the next set. Being a Prog fan i've always fancied a set but as you say Taurus are just ridiculous prices even 2nd hand.

The Crumar Bassman looks quite impressive too.

Dave

The Crumar are also expensive. 

1 hour ago, spectoremg said:

The Crumar are also expensive. 

I saw them just over £350 when i did a search for them altho i struggled to find much about them.

I'm guessing i've seen the wrong thing somehow.

How much are they ?

Dave 

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

I saw them just over £350 when i did a search for them altho i struggled to find much about them.

I'm guessing i've seen the wrong thing somehow.

How much are they ?

Dave 

They also do a midi only set without the onboard synth which is the cheaper option. These go for £800 IIRC. 

Edited by spectoremg
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Stingray5 said:

I use bass pedals in Landmarq but to be honest it's a crude set up put together by our keyboard player. Organ bass pedals midi'd through a Roland processor and sent to the PA. Still does the job required though and when they grow up they want to be a set of Taurus pedals! :D 

We have a mutual friend / acquaintance in Mike, your keyboard player.  We've done gigs with him in his other band.

This is a crude setup too, I guess, as it does pretty much the same thing.

4 hours ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

We have a mutual friend / acquaintance in Mike, your keyboard player.  We've done gigs with him in his other band.

This is a crude setup too, I guess, as it does pretty much the same thing.

Ah yes, that man Mike; he does get around! ;)

I must say I have to agree with @spectoremg - inventive and certainly looks the part. And the name 'Fauxrus' - just genius! :D

• Like 1