Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 400W AH400SMX (GP12) Amp Head - SOLD!

Musicman20

400W Trace Elliot Bass Amp Head.

Lots of features, 12 Band EQ. Very crisp loud bass tone. Classic Trace sound with ooomph and growl, but can sound fully clean as well. Head is mounted in original Trace green/black carpet covering. Very strong handles on the side. The classic Trace light at the bottom works 100%, and looks a beast onstage as it is that kind of UV lightbulb that orginally came with it. This can be turned off if you dont want it on.

400W @ 4Ohms, about 280 @ 8 Ohms. Loads of options for effects-loops if you dig effects. Line outs, tuner out, pre-shapes, on board compression. Pretty damn pro overall. Genuine sale as it does not get used and needs a new home.

Its pre-Gibson, its probably around 8 years old. Ive had it from new. No problems at all, ever. Never let me down.

Very very good condition, very very loud!

Comes complete with original power cord, original instructions.

£370 ONO

I can either meet up halfway, (if you can help with petty) post it, you can pick it up here where I live near Cleethorpes (about an hour from Doncaster/Sheffield), or I can meet you in Leeds as Im always at Law School there.

(Sorry for crap pics, had to do it on the mobile in a rush!)

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Merton' post='403749' date='Feb 8 2009, 08:29 PM']SMX is definitely pre-Gibson, but also means it's older than 8yrs I'm afraid - at least 10, probably more like 13 or 14. Pics and a guide price always good ;)[/quote]

MB1. :P
+1
Mines 14 this year!

Hmmm...not sure...its a fairly old design but it sure is lovely bright and tight bass.

Only selling as won't be needing it so much soon.

The 12 band EQ is brilliant as are the pre-shapes.

Ill get some pics up soon.

Yeah I got it when I was 17-18, so you are right more like 10 years now.

Cheers

[quote name='Musicman20' post='404508' date='Feb 9 2009, 05:09 PM'][url="http://www.trace-elliot.co.uk/pop_product.php?&flag=GB&lan=UK&obs=Y&key=2236"]http://www.trace-elliot.co.uk/pop_product....=Y&key=2236[/url]

Thats the one!

This retailed at about £1000![/quote]

MB1. ;)
The minute you left the shop with it, it was no longer worth that.....then youve got 10 years+ of use/devaluation to take off it....Sadly!

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='408517' date='Feb 13 2009, 01:06 PM']Ahhh my first good bass head was a 400smx a really great amp I still wonder how it would stack up against what I have now.[/quote]

MB1. ;)
FIGHT!....FIGHT!.....FIGHT!...
Just purchased a Trace Elliot AH350 SMX!....MONSTER!....Go For It! :P

• 1 month later...

True!

Pics going up tonight :)

This works 100%, still has original manual and power lead.

Nothing needs replacing or cleaning up. Excellent condition.

Ive had a few offers. I can post if needs be....I would have to get a quote. Failing that, Im in Leeds a lot if that helps people to meet up and see it. Id like £380, closest to that gets it :rolleyes:

Thanks