Why become a member? ×

Stoopid accessories

Quilly

I hate these things when they get old and won’t pop out , come to think of it, who thought these were a great idea that HAD to be invented. My other bass had the plain button , guess what, that bass never fell off me. It’s just one thing I think is a superfluous gimmick . But there are many more . What’s your item you were suckered into buying and realized you had no need/use for .

832C2F95-F6CF-41CC-B8A5-75CAE10B98AE.jpeg

I think, on reflection, my third B1on was one, maybe two, too many. But that's more me being an idiot than being suckered. 

The auto-tune pedal I bought to help my woeful singing may well turn out to be a silly purchase, after all you need to get at least close to the note for it to work. 

Boss do a synth bass pedal that a guitarist friend of mine bought but couldn’t get any use out of. He lend it to me...for tye life of me I couldn’t get a discernible note out if it . Boss usually do pretty good pedals but this thing was garbage 🗑 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I think, on reflection, my third B1on was one, maybe two, too many. But that's more me being an idiot than being suckered. 

The auto-tune pedal I bought to help my woeful singing may well turn out to be a silly purchase, after all you need to get at least close to the note for it to work. 

I wanted to buy a hands free mike , earpiece thingy . The music store owner kindly put my off the idea and recommended just getting use to using a normal sm58 type mike and get a decent stand . I’m glad he did .

• Like 1

I’ve got no idea to be honest! It was one of those “seemed a good idea at the time” things which then languished in a cupboard after the fleeting initial enthusiasm wore off (which took about half an hour). 

In hindsight Quilly you may well be on to something there...!

Edited by bassbiscuits

1 hour ago, bassbiscuits said:

I’ve got no idea to be honest! It was one of those “seemed a good idea at the time” things which then languished in a cupboard after the fleeting initial enthusiasm wore off (which took about half an hour). 

In hindsight Quilly you may well be on to something there...!

I tried one on my bass and it didn’t work either . 

• Haha 1