sly83

SOLD/ Unique Duo Lutherie L3M5
£2200
Frejus

High-end bass by Philippe Deputte Luthier Artist.

- Walnut table with inserts in black pear
- Swamp Ash body 3 parts wavy maple neck
- Graphite reinforcements and Truss Rod double actions.
- Speckled maple fingerboard, abalone inlays. Scale 34 '
- Walnut veneered head, Hipshot Tuners
- Hipshot bridge 18mm
- Bone nut.
- Neck / body connection by step inserts mechanical, optimized vibrations.
- Maple and ebony railing
- Very dynamic and precise through B string.
- BENEDETTI microphones exclusive MIC system (switchables pickups). Contact by copper plates. A Precision, a Jazz and a double Humbucker.
- John East Uni pre 3 Electronic Preamp with Volume control / Balance stacked pots Parametric medium / boost medium stacked Bass / treble stacked - Switch 2 positions 1 active / passive - Switch for pickups 1 + 2 or 1 + 3
- 3.45 kgs !! Perfectly balanced.

Each point of this bass has been designed for optimal ergonomics. Whether the choice of the profile of the handle and its radius, as well as certain details that are important such as the jack plug in the back and the front strap attachment which allows to have a flat strap, which does not pull not on the shoulder.

Fantastic playing sensations. Very low action. It falls perfectly on the shoulder, no tiredness of play even after a very long gig.
Supplied with Hiscox case. 
New strings set La Bella Super Steps 45-128.

Very versatile modern and vintage sounds 

Links and follow-up of its creation: https://onlybass.com/topic/87754-projet-duo-lutherie-l3m/

Price include shipment from France 🇫🇷 to Europe with insurance. 

1800£ straight sale/ 2200£ Trade value. 

IMG_20200118_130306_compress81.jpg

IMG_20200118_125703_compress51.jpg

IMG_20200118_132018_compress37.jpg

IMG_20200118_132050_compress94.jpg

IMG_20200118_133210_compress47.jpg

IMG_20200118_130754_compress53.jpg

IMG_20200118_131610_compress27.jpg

IMG_20200118_130622_compress41.jpg

IMG_20200118_133007_compress54.jpg

IMG_20200118_132707_compress54.jpg

Edited by sly83
New price
  • Like 7

What a great idea with the switchable pickups , I’m not in the market for another 5 string bass, but this looks brilliant.

GLWTS

Edited by greenolive
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenolive said:

What a great idea with the switchable pickups , I’m not in the market for another 5 string bass, but this looks brilliant.

GLWTS

Thx greenolive. Very easy to Switch you can choose in few seconds configuration required. It's a very Smart system😎

• Like 2

Yes, Black one is a ramp and 3 others are pickups (Jazz-Precision-Humbucker). But for all these 4 you can choose any position in the 3 existing slots). 

Added to parametrical 3 bands East Preamp, solutions are almost infinite👽

8 hours ago, sly83 said:

Yes, Black one is a ramp and 3 others are pickups (Jazz-Precision-Humbucker). But for all these 4 you can choose any position in the 3 existing slots). 

Added to parametrical 3 bands East Preamp, solutions are almost infinite👽

Bass-Lego yepp!

• Haha 2

On 27/02/2020 at 20:47, SzunaP said:

Bass-Lego yepp!

But Sounds and plays like a Big Jim! 😋😎😉

Edited by sly83
  • Haha 1

Does it do the karate thing when you push in the back ? 😁

It gives you complete Superior Kata 😂

Edited by sly83
  • Haha 1

One more thing:  how can you recognize which type of PU are there? They seem to have identical wood cover.  Or  maybe on their back are there some signs?

Yes you are right. They are markers and crosses (up and down way) on the back to show wich pickup it is. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc S
      I've been having a bit of a bass clear-out and something of a change recently. It's now 4 out, two in.... and I have another bass currently for sale - so no more new basses after that...... he says, fingers crossed behind back  

Just got myself a MIJ Fender Lyte Precision from BC's very own blues business - a thoroughly decent sort of guy indeed - thanks mate

I had never tried a Fender Lyte before. What with increasing age, and wear & tear on joints / shoulders / back etc. After having bought my sub 4kg five string Ibanez recently, - I thought I might like to try out a nice sub 4kg Precision. I was pleasantly surprised at just how light & comfortable this bass is. Plus, the neck is a comfortable Jazz profile. The construction quality feels great, and so far, I'm liking the sound.

I like a P/J configuration anyway - but this is going to be different, as it's not the usual VVT controls. It has a "Blend" control for the pickups. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Plus, I'm not normally a huge fan of active pickups - but through my amp headphones, and through my home practice amp, I really like the sound, and I like it a lot. I've got a garden-room / semi open-air acoustic trio jam coming up - so I'm going to take the Lyte along to that, and I must say, I'm really as excited as a kid with a new toy about it  

The bass came with La Bella Flats on it, and was in need of a set-up. I tried the LaBellas for a day, and decided they were a bit too high-tension for my liking. So I put some new TI flats on it, and obviously had to tweak the truss rod again - but it's playing like a dream now.
      It's a lovely colour IMHO, but the only (slght) downside, is that it's Foto-flame finish. There's some slight crazing to the finish, on the front of the body. I can live with that though..... There was some cracking & lifting of the finish at the back, where you normally get "Buckle rash". I sealed this area, running PVA glue underneath the lifting finish, and when that had dried, I filled any gaps and secured the lifting areas with a combination of modellers filler and some super-glue powder. I've roughly painted the area with some acrylic paint for now - I can lightly sand it back and re-paint when I find a tin of suitably coloured modelling paint.

That's enough waffling on from me

• By adamlunt
      Hi everyone,
      I’ve decided to list my old P Bass in favour of something a little more traditional, perhaps with a sunburst and rosewood flavour. Not a desperate sale by any means, but I have a strict 1 in 1 out policy. 
      As you can see, it’s a great example of an old school ash-body, maple-board P Bass. Ready for punk and indie, but can handle soulful RnB all the same.
      I’ve owned the bass for just over five years now, and as a player’s instrument it’s certainly served it’s purpose, so as I’m sure you can understand, it isn’t in collector’s condition. The previous owners have modded the bass over the years as follows:
      Dimarzio PAF pickup - Earlier version of the Model P with the cream cover. Loud and punchy in the mids, but surprisingly dynamic. BadassII bridge installed at some point - Just the badass-est bridge ever! CTS pots - The originals probably wore out. For me, this just ensures the bass works. In 2020 (amidst all the chaos) I had the bass refretted with narrow/tall frets, and as a result it plays like a dream. I chose narrow/tall because they feel comfortable, and have used Daddario Chromes solidly, meaning there is no wear whatsoever. Even the most small-handed players should feel right at home!
      The body has some wear where a previous owner had fitted and removed a thumb rest, and the neck has some areas where the finish has come away, but this is no way affects playability.
      I know the important question with basses from the era is the weight, and while I don’t have scales, I’m guessing it’s 4.5-5kg, with most of the weight in the body. I'm 5'7" and around 9.5st, and it has never felt uncomfortable.
      I am looking for a sale at this point, as I hope to fund another bass, but if there is a nice sunburst P Bass out there, I am prepared to exchange with cash your way if needed. And I'm sure it goes without saying, please feel free to get in touch for more pics or info.
      All the best,
      Ad

• By lawriemacmillan
      Bass Centre 4 string bass Inspired by Guy Pratt's '64 Jazz Bass he calls 'Betsy'. Metallic burgundy mist finish with matching headstock. Macassar ebony fingerboard. EMG pickups. Weight is 4kg. Recently purchased and still in new condition, and unfortunately for me the motivation of this sale is due to an unexpected car repair. Includes gig bag and UK delivery. This is an opportunity to own one of these in immaculate condition, but at a saving from the £595 new price. 
      Here's a great review of the bass by the talented gent Mike Brooks :
      https://youtu.be/DzrdkBnMqRk

• By d_g
      Weekend pricedrop to £1600
      See last post below for a new video demo!
      Tentatively putting my Overwater up for sale on here. I'm in no rush to sell it but open to offers and trades (possibly with cash my way) for lightweight, 34" scale, 5 string jazzes - Fender, Sadowsky etc.
      Anyone who's played one of these knows the kind of quality you can expect from this. It was built for me in 2017 by Chris and the team and would cost around £3500 to have made now I believe. I originally ordered it with an East J Retro which I have since changed for a J Tone giving it a more vintage sound and the versatility of a passive tone control. It will also come with the extra capacitors which are easy to switch out to adjust the roll off of the tone control. I also swapped the pickups from Overwater Ceramic to OWs new Alnico ones. I will include both sets of pickups for the buyer. 
      Spec is below, let me know if you have any questions, it's in very nearly perfect condition, a few marks on the headstock and a couple of tiny dinks on the top of the neck are pictured below. You are welcome to try in Chessington, KT9. I will also consider posting fully insured.
      - Maple 21 fret bolt on neck
      - Nut 46mm
      -19mm string spacing
      -MOP block inlays
      -3mm side dots (1mm bigger than standard for extra visibility)
      -Alder body
      -J Tone Preamp
      -OW Noiseless Alnico Pickups (Ceramics for more HiFi sound also included)
      -Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      -Custom Seafoam Green Finish
      -35" scale
      Many thanks
      Dan

The tiny black mark in the picture below was just rubber and has now been cleaned off. 

• By alexcar66
      Reluctant sale, 2020 Musicman stingray  special 4 string, roasted maple neck, Dropped Copper finish, excellent as new condition, with hard case, comes with 2 scratch plates,black and white. collection preferred, based in Berks, sale only than you.   

ON HOLD