sly83

SOLD/ Unique Duo Lutherie L3M5
£2200
Frejus

High-end bass by Philippe Deputte Luthier Artist.

- Walnut table with inserts in black pear
- Swamp Ash body 3 parts wavy maple neck
- Graphite reinforcements and Truss Rod double actions.
- Speckled maple fingerboard, abalone inlays. Scale 34 '
- Walnut veneered head, Hipshot Tuners
- Hipshot bridge 18mm
- Bone nut.
- Neck / body connection by step inserts mechanical, optimized vibrations.
- Maple and ebony railing
- Very dynamic and precise through B string.
- BENEDETTI microphones exclusive MIC system (switchables pickups). Contact by copper plates. A Precision, a Jazz and a double Humbucker.
- John East Uni pre 3 Electronic Preamp with Volume control / Balance stacked pots Parametric medium / boost medium stacked Bass / treble stacked - Switch 2 positions 1 active / passive - Switch for pickups 1 + 2 or 1 + 3
- 3.45 kgs !! Perfectly balanced.

Each point of this bass has been designed for optimal ergonomics. Whether the choice of the profile of the handle and its radius, as well as certain details that are important such as the jack plug in the back and the front strap attachment which allows to have a flat strap, which does not pull not on the shoulder.

Fantastic playing sensations. Very low action. It falls perfectly on the shoulder, no tiredness of play even after a very long gig.
Supplied with Hiscox case. 
New strings set La Bella Super Steps 45-128.

Very versatile modern and vintage sounds 

Links and follow-up of its creation: https://onlybass.com/topic/87754-projet-duo-lutherie-l3m/

Price include shipment from France 🇫🇷 to Europe with insurance. 

1800£ straight sale/ 2200£ Trade value. 

IMG_20200118_130306_compress81.jpg

IMG_20200118_125703_compress51.jpg

IMG_20200118_132018_compress37.jpg

IMG_20200118_132050_compress94.jpg

IMG_20200118_133210_compress47.jpg

IMG_20200118_130754_compress53.jpg

IMG_20200118_131610_compress27.jpg

IMG_20200118_130622_compress41.jpg

IMG_20200118_133007_compress54.jpg

IMG_20200118_132707_compress54.jpg

Edited by sly83
New price
  • Like 7

What a great idea with the switchable pickups , I’m not in the market for another 5 string bass, but this looks brilliant.

GLWTS

Edited by greenolive
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenolive said:

What a great idea with the switchable pickups , I’m not in the market for another 5 string bass, but this looks brilliant.

GLWTS

Thx greenolive. Very easy to Switch you can choose in few seconds configuration required. It's a very Smart system😎

• Like 2

Yes, Black one is a ramp and 3 others are pickups (Jazz-Precision-Humbucker). But for all these 4 you can choose any position in the 3 existing slots). 

Added to parametrical 3 bands East Preamp, solutions are almost infinite👽

8 hours ago, sly83 said:

Yes, Black one is a ramp and 3 others are pickups (Jazz-Precision-Humbucker). But for all these 4 you can choose any position in the 3 existing slots). 

Added to parametrical 3 bands East Preamp, solutions are almost infinite👽

Bass-Lego yepp!

• Haha 2

On 27/02/2020 at 20:47, SzunaP said:

Bass-Lego yepp!

But Sounds and plays like a Big Jim! 😋😎😉

Edited by sly83
  • Haha 1

Does it do the karate thing when you push in the back ? 😁

It gives you complete Superior Kata 😂

Edited by sly83
  • Haha 1

One more thing:  how can you recognize which type of PU are there? They seem to have identical wood cover.  Or  maybe on their back are there some signs?

Yes you are right. They are markers and crosses (up and down way) on the back to show wich pickup it is. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc S
      I'm going to regret this, but I need to thin the herd, and create some space. I'm going to put a couple more basses up for sale shortly, if they sell, I may withdraw this one.
      This is one of the early runs of the model, and having played a recent one, I can confirm the early ones are the best. All original, apart from an added grounding strip (easily removed).
      This bass sounds and plays superb. At just under 4kg it's light for a jazz. NO TRADES - I'm thinning the herd (unless you have a 5 string Wingbass, or Fingy, or similar).
      I'd much prefer collection or meet-up. We can't do that just yet (unless you're also in Wales) - so I'm just putting this up to see who's interested... Hopefully we can arrange the sale for a couple of weeks time.
      I'd prefer not to post, unless buyer arranges their own courier.

• By waveydavy
      For sale Sire V5 5 string. Bought new last autumn, little use still has film on pickups and scratchplate.
      Passive, sunburst finish. Roasted maple neck, rolled edges.
      Weighs 4.4  Kg according to my suitcase scale (A little more than andertons declared it weighed when I bought it)
      Should be able to source a reasonably priced used hiscox case if courier delivery required
      Better photos ASAP

• By Scoopdude
      For sale is my Xotic XJPro - 01.
      I brought it just over two weeks ago from the Bass Gallery in Camden. I am selling it simply because it is not the bass for me - I had thought I wanted to get an active/modern 5 string jazz style bass but I am definitely more of a passive P bass type of guy and I am primarily a double bass player, and this bass is far too nice to leave sitting around as a back-up.
      It is a wonderfully easy bass to play, the neck in particular feels super nice. It has a really nice set up as it so fresh from the shop! It is strung with a set of DR Pure Blues strings. Condition is as new.
      Here's a link to the Xotic website - http://xoticbasses.com These models were only available for a limited and are discontinued now, so do not expect to see therm come up very often! Such a high quality bass particularly at this price point.
      Comes with a very stylish case. 
      Pickup or meet up in London, within reasonable distance of N1 only.
      EDIT
      So, I made a new demo video for the bass - reason being that I had not been playing much bass guitar when I made the last one, so my plucking fingers had gone a bit soft and I don't think I was getting as a good a sound as usual. I have been playing much more the last couple of weeks (mainly on my P bass), so my fingers have toughened up a bit.
      Also, this time I went through the DI on my Markbass 121 combo - EQ all flat, no filters applied on amp, just a bit of a bass boost on the Xotic's preamp, and tiny bit of compression applied in Logic. Apologies for the naff slapping at the end!
      Would be interested in trades for Fender P's (preferably early 70's), or 4 string jazz basses too.....not very imaginative perhaps!!

Sales_Receipt_5909_from_The_Bass_Gallery.pdf
    • By meesterbassman
      Bizarre post and a shot in the dark. 

my old teacher Colin Bilham has just died (age 90).  First bass guitar chair in the west end and one of original Superstar and Joseph bands I believe. 

he *should* have sold his ‘64 precision to me a few years back (2005ish) but was arm twisted (I think) to flog it for (gulp) £750 by (I can only assume) some with minimal
      scruples. (Supposition there!)
      I was gutted. More so to discover that it then got sold on at auction in 2015 by Tennants in the UK at a price I could still have managed (£2.5k). 
      the auctioneers tell me it left the UK but can’t say where. 

Colin bought it from the bass player in the Hollies...

anyway, would LOVE to track it down (and ideally buy it back for posterity) - I’m gutted he’s gone (knew him for almost 40 years).

anyone come across it (info here including serial):

https://bid.tennants.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/300/lot/437946?url=%2Fm%2Fsearch%2F%3Fkey%3DColin%2Bbilham%26search-area%3Don%26xclosed%3Dno

• By waveydavy
      Price drop to £50
      Sold