Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

13 minutes ago, Bunion said:

I love Dennis bovells style, he’s done so much with so many people

Yeah definitely mr B, check out discogs if you get time, if you haven’t already, he’s been involved with so many people over the years and browsing through I remember so many of them 

Edited by Reggaebass

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Horace Andy has done a few tunes with Adrian Sherwood lately, including this version of Massive Attack's (who he's done a lot with) Safe from Harm

Really like that cover, it’s a great driving bass line too 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2022 at 18:28, Reggaebass said:

Some good reading here about the reggae bass players, also good to see is that Val Douglas is pictured with his Hohner B2A 

https://ineverknewtv.com/top-10-reggae-bass-players-of-all-time/

I recently bought a headless Bass and seeing about half of the players in that list pictured with one became one of the selling points. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I recently bought a headless Bass and seeing about half of the players in that list pictured with one became one of the selling points. 

I really like my Hohner with flats, how are you getting on with your one ?

9 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I really like my Hohner with flats, how are you getting on with your one ?

The trouble I had with my Steinberger was the ergonomics, sounded good though. I've now gone for an Ibanez EHB 1005 MS which I'm really liking. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skilamalink said:

Same same but different to Eastwood Dub it sounds like to me. Once again @Reggaebass is already where I am heading towards!

Classic riddim!

If you want to get nerdy about it (I do!) then riddimguide.com is a good resource.

Cuss cuss riddim has apparently been used at least 181 times https://www.riddimguide.com/tunes?q=Cuss+cuss&c=

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Classic riddim!

If you want to get nerdy about it (I do!) then riddimguide.com is a good resource.

Cuss cuss riddim has apparently been used at least 181 times https://www.riddimguide.com/tunes?q=Cuss+cuss&c=

That’s a good resource, I use it a lot and also discogs sometimes gives gives you other versions of tunes 

• Like 2