Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

Ages ago I downloaded a shedload of reggae and dub, as recommended by a motley selection of vagabonds and reprobates, I mean like half an iPod's worth. I had little knowledge of the wider world of this music other than the bands I listened to in my punk youth, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Dillinger, Steel Pulse, Bob Marley. So, gradually, as I have it on random most of the time, various tracks come on, some of which I like (which I post on here), some not (which I don't), I am running out of artists I like! Anyway, here we are on Pg. 149 of one of the best threads on BC (cheers :drinks:@Reggaebass) and it really is time to use it as a resource to get more reggae and dub to fill up the other half of the iPod.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

here we are on Pg. 149 of one of the best threads on BC (cheers

Thank you very much Frank for your kind words, it’s much appreciated 🍻, it’s great that the thread ticks along with big thanks to everyone who post their music ,

and if anyone ever wants to listen to a bit of reggae it’s always there to look through  , I think it’s essential to spread the music and keep reggae alive 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I think it’s essential to spread the music and keep reggae alive 

Absolutely. It’s always great when the next generation get into music that you love. My kids are really into reggae and have started introducing me to new artists. Here’s something a little different that my teenage son has been playing recently:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tegs07 said:

My kids are really into reggae and have started introducing me to new artists

Thanks tegs, my youngest isn’t really

and neither are any of his friends, it doesn’t seem to be on their radar, even though he’s heard it since he was born, but my eldest loves it and regularly sends me the newer tunes, quite a few of them are remixes of the original songs 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SumOne said:

Screenshot_20240314-091259.thumb.png.a618f49e24cebbdd4c2af2ebfd9e7d6f.png

5 hours ago, tegs07 said:

Fans of Fox News must be Psychotic!

Do you or someone else here have a link to this Live?

I would like to know what they really said about this topic,  if they even talked about it. That there is a message displayed about a study says nothing about the opinion of Fox News or their viewers.

By the way on my search I only found this picture:

StudyFansofPsy-TranceMusicmaybepsychotic.jpg.fc406919896593b84bcd78f2d7cf4f25.jpg

Edited by eloisa

1 hour ago, eloisa said:

Do you or someone else here have a link to this Live?

I would like to know what they really said about this topic,  if they even talked about it. That there is a message displayed about a study says nothing about the opinion of Fox News or their viewers.

By the way on my search I only found this picture:

StudyFansofPsy-TranceMusicmaybepsychotic.jpg.fc406919896593b84bcd78f2d7cf4f25.jpg

The Bass music one was on Reddit  https://www.reddit.com/r/silversunpickups/s/cFXcxaTG2D

It found be fake.... But I think it was referring to this study which the equally dis-reputable Dailly Mail had a story on: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13165253/What-music-taste-actually-says-personality-according-science.html

Edited by SumOne