Why become a member? ×

HI EVERYBODY...(hi dr.Nick !!)

Wayne Firefly

Well I guess its time..Im Wayne Firefly, 37 years old, live in North Wales. Been playing since 1988. Grew up wanting to be Cliff Burton, Dan Lilker, Steve Harris, Geddy Lee and Flea. Dont have any "bass heroes" as such anymore, maybe Lemmy (inspiration !!) but I do enjoy lines that grab my ear and make me want to figure them out !!! Some players who inspire me with tone and feel even with some wackyness thrown in would be.... Billy Gould, Stu Zender, Juan Nelson, Norwood Fisher, Doug Wimbish, Scott Thunes, Mark Bedders Bedfield, Tommy Shannon, Lee Rocker, Mark Winchester, Cliff Williams and many more. I play/tour with London based punk pioneers VICE SQUAD with Ms Bondage, and also handle bass and main vocals in my own punk/hardcore band of 10 years so far, STUNTFACE. Have been thru many different styles of band over the last 20 years from drop tuned metal to acoustic folk to acid jazz/funk pop to NY style hardcore and dabbling in some rocka/psychobilly as well. I am more impressed these days by tone and feel rather than wacky crazy widdly bass, but sometimes I do cut loose for fun !!! I wish people would stop fighting over whats best pick or fingers....I do both, depends on the style required !!!!
Gear??? Marshall VBA 400 rig, Warwick SN Vampyre and Ibanez ICB300EX Iceman (backup) with Vice Squad,
Warwick 3.1 Transistor head, Marshall Jubilee 4x10 cab, Sansamp bass driver,Currently using a Fender Am Series P. bass but want to sort another Warwick to use with Stuntface.
At home I have my first bass, an Aria XRB2, an 84 Squier Katana, a 91 Squier HM series 5 string, a battered Squier Silver Series Jazz, an 83 U.S. Standard Fender P.bass, a 91 Mexican P.bass, an 83 Yamaha BB400S fretless, My generic doublebass, an old Sunn Mustang P.bass copy (incase of horrible gigs !!) Thats it !!!
Find us at www.myspace.com/vicesquad or www.myspace.com/stuntface
I ALSO PROUDLY ENDORSE WARWICK BASS GUITARS !!!!!!!!

Edited by Wayne Firefly

[quote name='RussFM' post='392280' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:24 PM']Hi Wayne, I supported Stuntface at Central Station once in my old band The Fatal Mistake, think maybe somewhere else too, definitely saw you a couple of times! Think you were playing through an SVT back then?[/quote]
Yes I had an SVT 3 and an 8x10 but when you had to lug said rig in and out of our rehearsal space, up 5 flights of stairs and around 3 corners, it started to get on my nerves, putting it politely !!!