Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 2001 Ibanez ATK 4-string

Sean

I have this great Ibanez ATK (Made in Korea). It's a mahogany body with a figured top and has the J pup as well as the great 3-coil ATK pup. Anyone that knows these will atest to how damn good they are. I just don't play it any more.

This has been readvertised due to me having been given duff information originally about the year of manufacture and the original buyer was specifically after a 1995 ATK. Thanks to some super detective work by kdphysio we now have the real history of this instrument.

The ATK 400 was introduced in 2001 and was made until 2003, the serial number is W9109xx, which means 'world' factory (newest Korean factory), September (9) 2001 (1) and it was no. 9xx made of that month.

Up for sale at £250

Edited by Sean

[quote name='budget bassist' post='391063' date='Jan 25 2009, 05:11 PM']Correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought the old ATKs were japanese made?

A very nice bass none the less.[/quote]

Some were but these mahogany bodied/maple topped ATK 400s were made in Korea.

The ATK300s were ash bodied I think.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Sean' post='391054' date='Jan 25 2009, 04:55 PM']I have this great Ibanez ATK (Made in Korea). It's a mahogany body with a figured maple top and has the J pup as well as the great 3-coil ATK pup. Anyone that knows these will atest to how damn good they are. I just don't play it any more.

This has been readvertised due to me having been given duff information originally about the year of manufacture and the original buyer was specifically after a 1995 ATK. Thanks to some super detective work by kdphysio we now have the real history of this instrument.

The ATK 400 was introduced in 2001 and was made until 2003, the serial number is W9109xx, which means 'world' factory (newest Korean factory), September (9) 2001 (1) and it was no. 9xx made of that month.

Up for sale at £250[/quote]

is that model very heavy?

i like the headstock arrangement...and erm...you have the D string the wrong way round on the peg...i think ;)

be watching this one and a big bump from me

cheers

Edited by mrcrow

[quote name='mrcrow' post='399008' date='Feb 3 2009, 03:02 PM']is that model very heavy?

i like the headstock arrangement...and erm...you have the D string the wrong way round on the peg...i think ;)

be watching this one and a big bump from me

cheers[/quote]

It's very light, actually.

[b][i]Previous owner[/i][/b] had the string the wrong way round on the tuner - these pictures were taken just after I got it. He also thought the bass was broken when in fact all it needed was a new pre-amp battery.

Edited by Sean

[quote name='Sean' post='399243' date='Feb 3 2009, 06:39 PM']It's very light, actually.

[b][i]Previous owner[/i][/b] had the string the wrong way round on the tuner - these pictures were taken just after I got it. He also thought the bass was broken when in fact all it needed was a new pre-amp battery.[/quote]

;) wish I could get a bass under that pretext to find it just needed a battery!

[quote name='Sean' post='399243' date='Feb 3 2009, 06:39 PM']It's very light, actually.

[b][i]Previous owner[/i][/b] had the string the wrong way round on the tuner - these pictures were taken just after I got it. He also thought the bass was broken when in fact all it needed was a new pre-amp battery.[/quote]

thanks sean
a bump for this beauty...i am between the rock and a hard place...
best of luck

[quote name='Sean' post='399243' date='Feb 3 2009, 06:39 PM']He also thought the bass was broken when in fact all it needed was a new pre-amp battery.[/quote]
I remember this one. That's must've been a rrrrrrreal f*ckin' expensive battery... ;)

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='399990' date='Feb 4 2009, 02:10 PM']I remember this one. That's must've been a rrrrrrreal f*ckin' expensive battery... :P

Jon.[/quote]

Didn't I promise you first refusal on this one!? :blush:

Maybe I should mention that a battery is included with the sale! ;)

[quote name='Sean' post='400176' date='Feb 4 2009, 05:10 PM']Didn't I promise you first refusal on this one!? :blush:

Maybe I should mention that a battery is included with the sale! ;)[/quote]
I've been kicking myself for a year for not grabbing this one!

If you want to keep that solid platinum, diamond-encrusted battery, I'd happily give you what you paid for it! :P

J.

[quote name='mrcrow' post='399794' date='Feb 4 2009, 11:04 AM']thanks sean
a bump for this beauty...i am between the rock and a hard place...
best of luck[/quote]

MB1. ;)
....I thought you were in Irlam?...Sorry!...I'll get me coat! :P
BUMP!

[quote name='Sean' post='391072' date='Jan 25 2009, 05:27 PM']Some were but these mahogany bodied/maple topped ATK 400s were made in Korea.

The ATK300s were ash bodied I think.[/quote]

Looking at the picture angle, I would check on that top wood, looks so much like ASH and if it is a lightweight body, that ash is probably some form of swamp ash.