Why become a member? ×

Noiseless Power Supply...

Bassmurf

As I'd decided to go from using rechargable batteries to mains power for my pedals (Boss ME50B, Boss GEB7 and J-Lo Hyperdrive) I went to Tescos and bought 3 power supplies but have ended up with some irritating noise and humming! ;)

Can anyone recommend a good power supply that would be suitable?!

Cheers

Dan

[quote name='katri' post='389838' date='Jan 23 2009, 05:38 PM']ATM I'm torn between the johnnyshredfreak and the diago. Is one much better than the other.[/quote]

I'm sure someone will try to argue that the Diago is better because it's 5 times the price, but for all practical purposes they're the same.

Get the cheap one and save yourself the money, a lot of people on here have them and I've heard no complaints.

I had a reply back yesterday from Ashdown as I'd contacted them asking if they recommended a particular power supply for the J-Lo (it was that pedal that was humming the most! ;)) and they said to not use any supplies around the £10-12 price but will see how I get on with the Diago.

If I'm not happy with the Diago I can get me money back and go for the Johhnyshredfreak!

Dan

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='389658' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:21 PM']I use one of [url="http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/9v-dc-regulated-power-supply-with-integrated-6-way-daisy-chain-2-p.asp"]these[/url], it's cheap and very good.[/quote]

That's what I use too. No noise, does exactly what it says on the tin! ;)