Why become a member? ×

Kings X

Bernmeister

Hi everyone,
Just have to say to anyone going to see Kings x tonite at the electric ballroom, london. That your going to be in for a fantastic evenings entertainment by a vastly underated band.

Oh yes ladies & gentleman i went to see this band last nite in wolverhampton.
To be honest it rates for me asone of the best gigs i've ever seen, a no frills straight ahead rock show, with great
songs & 3 band members giving it their all & the audience giving it back.

Some of the show was being filmed & i believe tonights show is also being filmed for a future dvd release.
Doug or shall i say (dug) Pinnocks bass sound was huge, the amount of distortion he gets & still makes it sound musical has to heard to be believed, he also plays a 12 string bass for one song to. Not to mention his unbelieveably powerful voice.

To anybody who's going i won't mention songs, but your in for a great gig experience.
Oh ! plus the band stayed behind & were more than happy to sign autographs & have pics taken too.

Enjoy !!!

My band supported them last night and will be doing so again tonight at the Ballroom. Don't think we were really the right choice of support, but still, it was fun.

Kings X sounded pretty impressive, from what I saw of them - will hopefully get more of a chance to see them tonight. I agree with the comments on Doug Pinnick's bass sound - it was massive! Not really my kind of sound, but perfect for their music.

One of my all time favourites and still very underrated!

First band I was in, we did "Over My Head", "Dogman" and a few others and I eventually ended up getting an Ibanez Musician 8 string and running it thru my Trace Elliot stack and a Trace geetar amp which REALLY pissed off a few soundmen when we gigged, lol!

Saw 'em at the LAII about 6 years ago and they were fantastic and yep Dug's sound is immense!

Edited by Bassmurf

Saw them last night at Camden.....AWESOME! 4th time now ;)
It's a shame that they've been plagued by bad luck.

They should've been megastars by now.
They still rawk! :P

p.s. saw a little bit of one of the support bands(female on vocals)
They were pretty good. Mr.Bass looked cool enough :)
They sounded a little like Evanesence(spelling?) from what I remember.
Great mellow atmosphere,great night