Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer... screw it its withdrawn

LukeFRC

[color="#000080"][size=5]Not anymore, withdrawn.[/size][/color]
I dont want to post it overseas, sorry.

The two basses in my avatar are up for grabs.
[s]Fantastic Fender Japan '57 P bass, US version with alder body and US pups. Previous owner upgraded pots and jack socket to US made ones, I stuck the gold annodised scratchplate on. I still have the original.
Sounds fantastic! £400 or offers....[/s]

Warwick Streamer from '91, bought off wawickhunt 6 months ago. Great bass, plays good (small neck) I just cant get on with the tone of the thing so up for sale.
the daftly low bargin price of £600 for folk on here.
or
a trade of at least £300 my way and something interesting (obviously the whole trade worth about 600 or so) (Hit me with what you've got.)

fingers crossed.

More info and pictures when I get back from work.
I'm in edinburgh if you want to have a go.

Luke

(oh and if you think Im asking too much a nice PM telling me what the value of this stuff is will make me happier than. "IMO you will never get that much" type posts ;) )

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='fede162162' post='385795' date='Jan 20 2009, 10:57 AM']picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspics
picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspics

;)[/quote]

There's a taster if you look at his Avatar. If it's the Streamer, here's one pic that I have from when I owned it.

right..... lots happening at once....

streamer on hold, someone's going to have a wee look on friday for a [i]possible[/i] sale....

i guess some pics of a p bass would be nice too?
Sorry for the quality, it gets dark in scotland early.....

BLURB WOT I WROTE:
I bought it secondhand from Japan and the previous owner had upgraded the pots and jack socket from stock to branded USA made ones (switchcraft) and stuck an 'orange drop' capacitor in.
I upgraded the scratchplate from the singleply white one to a gold annodised aluminium one which I imported from the states and had fitted professionally. Both scratchplates come with it.

It's has one or two knocks nothing major and the shaft of the tone pot is damaged under the knob. Its been bodged with a bit of cork for a year or so now though.

Soundwise it is great. It has the classic P bass thump and sounds fantastic even straight into a DI box. It feels great and has a lovely neck.
The last pic tries to show some dings.

Edit: also i want to be fair and point out all its minor faults. Look at the pic with the close up of the body. small dink just above the pup. you can also see one of the screws is slightly off center. This is because the pickgard has less holes and one of them is a fraction out of line. The pickguard was fitted by a pro though. There is a 2mm or less knock on the bottom side (ie G string side) of the neck between the nut and 1st fret. Visible on photo.
almost new Status hotwire round core med-heavy strings.
Oh and it sounds amazing.

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='mogli66' post='386894' date='Jan 20 2009, 10:50 PM']No problem.....if the P-bass sells first give me a shout if you're looking for trades on the Warwick. [u][b]I take it you are selling the Warwick for £400[/b][/u]?[/quote]

;) If only!

The Warwick was advertised @ £600. It's the P bass that is £400.

Hello

I think all PM's have been replied to, if I missed you I am sorry.
At the moment both basses are on hold pending sales going through and so on...
my fingers are crossed but if everything falls through then they will be back up....!

That was all very fast!

Righty ho then, he didn't want my warwick (it wasnt on the board so I was asking a bit more for it)

So warwick back up again, I will go through my PMs and see if anyone offered.
I'm not overly keen to send it outside the UK at all (i dont trust postal systems!)

So the daftly low bargin price of £600 for folk on here.
or
a trade of at least £300 my way and something interesting. Hit me with what you've got.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='391879' date='Jan 26 2009, 04:29 PM']Righty ho then, he didn't want my warwick (it wasnt on the board so I was asking a bit more for it)

So warwick back up again, I will go through my PMs and see if anyone offered.
I'm not overly keen to send it outside the UK at all (i dont trust postal systems!)

So the daftly low bargin price of £600 for folk on here.
or
a trade of at least £300 my way and something interesting. Hit me with what you've got.[/quote]
I will probablyl have the Warwick. Where are you in Scotland?

If you are bothered I have £300 worth of Rockinbetter ( lol ) badged as a Rickenbacker that I will never look at again.

Edited by dazco

bump for the bass buying hordes on a Saturday....

Screw it, its not worth me selling it. My old one at £600 seems a we bit daft compared to a new one at £3k or whatever they list it at mow.
I [i]think[/i] i can afford not too sell.
I sold my fender to afford the JV squier, it was a bit more but i think the bank manager wont be ringing me, just no big holiday.

so there.
Withdrawn.

Edited by LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='396036' date='Jan 31 2009, 11:27 AM']bump for the bass buying hordes on a Saturday....

Screw it, its not worth me selling it. My old one at £600 seems a we bit daft compared to a new one at £3k or whatever they list it at mow.
I [i]think[/i] i can afford not too sell.
I sold my fender to afford the JV squier, it was a bit more but i think the bank manager wont be ringing me, just no big holiday.

so there.
Withdrawn.[/quote]

Wise decision mate! ;)

How's the JV coming along?

Dont blame you for keeping the warwick mate, ive not been able to sell mine unless i reduce the price to ten bob and a pickled egg, so im keeping it as ive played warwicks for 11 years and think they are great, just a shame they arnt very vogue!! at the mo.
Congrats on the jv i have one and love it dearly, they seem to quite popular at the mo.
All the best mate- lee

being posted on monday.
very excited and really really hope it is better than the P bass i just sold! oh er!