Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB680 ..."SOLD"

Wimpy

[quote name='Geester' post='387200' date='Jan 21 2009, 10:53 AM']Strange name for a lovely child....Foot Switch.......[/quote]

you right this is my doughter my little angel (sometimes little devil ;) ) here is the foot switch

These don't seem to be everybodies cup of tea... but for me they are second to none. No shitting, if I didn't have 2 already, I'd buy another... I fact I *so* couldn't live without this gear in my rack that I'm *CONSIDERING A THIRD*! They aren't a smooth modelling, forgiving 'disto' sound, ....they are unforgiving and don't offer any distortion or easy playing, so you gotta *really PLAY* ..but they are warm smooth and offer a natural compression for real players, and when you do play accurately the sound is fan-f***ing-tastic!!!

WARNING! bedroom bassists, stick to your "Line 6 modelling gear", cos this pre takes no prisoners.

[quote name='ped' post='390123' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:18 AM']Are you saying all line 6 users play in their bedrooms? I hope not![/quote]

erm yeah I think I am. ;) I have a Bass pod pro XT and I *think* It's currently in the bedroom.

Don't misunderstand... The Line 6 is a great Toy and kind of useful for studio work. But the Aguilar DB680 is a a piece of *real* bass gear. It won't model tha sound like you're using a broken speaker in a 1960's hiwat cab... <ish> and you won't get a plethora of effects, but it does give a great no nonsense sound, which IMO is pure bass tone.

Edited to offend Line 6 users less lol. (I was actually lightheartedy mocking bedroom bassists, not Line6 gear)

Edited by GremlinAndy

Really? You are being serious? Are you drunk?!

Kind of a sweeping statement I think you will agree. You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But wrong ;0)

If your XT sounds like a broken 60's Hiwatt then may I suggest you aren't using it properly!

Cheers
ped

{EDIT - Apologies Wimpy for the off topic discussion, good luck with the sale, I shouldn't think you will have much trouble, lovely bit of kit}

As far as I know Line 6 users arent a minority, and as such aren't afforded the protection of law which other minorities enjoy; So the way I see it is "Duck Season, Wabbit Season, Duck Season, Wabbit Season, LINE 6 SEASON!!" Stick to your bedrooms, nerds! And don't worry, I make computer games for a living, so I know what nerdism is all about!......

[quote name='ped' post='390130' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:33 AM']Really? You are being serious? Are you drunk?!

Kind of a sweeping statement I think you will agree. You are entitled to your opinion, of course. But wrong ;0)

If your XT sounds like a broken 60's Hiwatt then may I suggest you aren't using it properly!

Cheers
ped

{EDIT - Apologies Wimpy for the off topic discussion, good luck with the sale, I shouldn't think you will have much trouble, lovely bit of kit}[/quote]

Lol one of the specific settings on the bass pod pro is a broken speaker... have you even listened to the pre sets in there? Listen dude, I may be drunk, I may not. but the Aggie 680 beats any semi pro line 6 gear into a cocked hat... Nuff said! You can flame on all you like, but I'm right. even the mods on this site aren't immune from being wrong.

"9D Broken Speaker" useful? You decide...
"8B Sample and Hold" Just because it can, is that a good enough reason to? I'm not convinced
"14C Dopplerganger" Tell me ANYONE ever used this?

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='Kev' post='390138' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:45 AM'][/quote]
Not really. I own BOTH. I *know* the difference. It ain't snobbery...

really if you try both AB'd... tell me I'm *actually* wrong and I'll bow before you.

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='ped' post='390143' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:50 AM']Yes you are right and I plus the millions of people included in your sweeping statement are all wrong, ignorant and not as cool or talented as you :0)

ped[/quote]

Lol ...mockery! the last refuge of the criminally incorrect. We all know that I'm not being funny. Many thousands of people drive Ford Fiestas. ...Are they as good as Rolls Royce? ...Well no, that would be INSANE.
We Both agree on that I'm sure. I make no apologies to the people who bought Line 6. ..but really, you should have saved harder and bought a better piece of gear. Simple as.

Ped, I respect you, as a dude, ..but I own both. My humble, easily ignored opinion, that the Aggie is better than any line 6 gear by a magnitude of 10, is not open to debate. It might be different to your opinion. But it's my considered and honest opinion.

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='390147' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:59 AM']Don't be an arse. We all know that I'm not being funny. Many people drive Ford Fiestas. Are they as good as Rolls Royce? ...Well no.
We Both agree on that. I make no apologies to the people who bought Line 6. ..but you should have saved harder and bought a better piece of gear. Simple as.

Ped, I respect you, as a dude, ..but I own both. And my humble, easily ignored opinion is that the Aggie is better than any line 6 gear by a magnitude of 10 is not open to debate. It might be different to your opinion. But it's my considered and honest opinion.[/quote]

Completely bladdered IMHO. ;)

[quote name='Brother Jones' post='390153' date='Jan 24 2009, 01:20 AM']Completely bladdered IMHO. ;)[/quote]

lol you're welcome to your opinion, and like my opinion, it is pefectly valid.

Apologies to the for hijacking. I'm not sure with hindsight that a for sale thread is the right place for a bit of lighthearted banter about the relative merits of gear.

Edited by GremlinAndy