Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 4 Skyline - NOW SOLD

molan

Ok, so here's another DJ4 up for grabs. I really like this one but have moved over to 5 strings soon after taking delivery of this so it'snot going to get used much.

I have a couple of potential trade options kicking around but nothing confirmed yet so thought I'd see if there's any interest in an outright sale or alternative trades.

I imported this from the USA last year and it's only been tried out at one rehearsal since. Hence it's totally unmarked and looks like it's just left the factory ;)

I specified a Lakland USA hard case which is much higher quality than standard and set me back an additional £100. I relaise a lot of people don't get that excited about cases but it's certainly the nicest case I've ever owned & looks really cool - well, in my opinion anyway!

I also had a set of Aero pickups professionally installed at a cost of about £75 as these were the original units specced by old DJ himself. Lakland now supply their own brand pickups. A lot of people claim that the Aeros are far nicer than the Laklands but I've also read reviews (mostly from owners of Lakland brand pickups) that say the Laklands are just as good. All I can say is that you pay your money & take your choice, lol.

The bass also came with a D-tuner fitted. Not sure if this is standard equipment or not but obviously it's a useful little addition.

I'm asking £700 for the complete package including the nice Lakland case. I've seen DJs selling for less but this is effectively a brand new bass with useful grades and extras.

Generally happy to think about trading for any other basses, ideally 5 strings. Probably more interested in similar value swap or trading up for something of a higher value (adding cash to the deal) rather than trading down to earn some money.

I've added some pics of the bass - along with the case :P I have plenty more pics if anyone's interested!

Edited by molan

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='386360' date='Jan 20 2009, 04:30 PM']Whats weird is I look at that and think 'that looks awesome', I have a Jazz in the same colour and don't think it looks very good.[/quote]

i've always quite liked LP blue as a stock Fender colour but I do think it suits the slimmed down lines of the DJ better than some other basses.

Not sure entirely why but I always prefer Jazz & p basses in solid colours or sunburst, I've never thought that the sparkle finishes work as well. However some of them look great on a Strat - well, I think so anyway ;)

[quote name='molan' post='386449' date='Jan 20 2009, 05:30 PM']Don't say you're bored with it already ;)[/quote]

Not at all, and I think my better half would kill me if I even thought about moving it on so soon - that DJ does look amazing though. If only I had the spare cash (and somewhere to hide it!!!! )

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' post='397377' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:02 PM']Just needs one of your models holding it to be perfect really ;)[/quote]

Nah, its perfect already! I love mine and as a rule I'm not a Jazzer.

Another bump for a top bass. :P

[quote name='Bigwan' post='398002' date='Feb 2 2009, 04:02 PM']Thank goodness for that... thought I was going to have to break the piggy bank again![/quote]

Get the hammer out - you know another one is going to come along soon. . .