Why become a member? ×

MIM Classic 70s Jazz with Audere/Badass

neilb

[quote name='cetera' post='382248' date='Jan 16 2009, 12:18 PM']Beautiful! I fancy one of these in sunburst....

How does it compare to a Geddy or Jap 75RI?[/quote]

The neck is far chunkier than the GL, then every other bass neck is!!!!

Ive never played a 75 RI, so cannot comment.

All i can say is for a Mex, the build quality is excellent. The necks on all MIMs are made in the US anyway, or so I read somewhere. The neck is lovely.

The Audere gives it a new life aswell as allowing you to keep a passive sound if you want.

The blue light level indicator is cool too.

Neil

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='382370' date='Jan 16 2009, 01:40 PM']Oh I'm liking that! Black on black, block inlays and a pre-amp?

Where do I sign? ;)

Edit: If you don't mind revealing it - how much did all that cost please?[/quote]

Bass £440
Badass £48
Audere approx £160 ish all in
Status Hotwire Rounds £15

[quote]Looks great! How are you getting on with the Audere, was it worth the dosh in your opinion? I'm waiting for Parcel Farce to deliver mine to me as we speak. I've heard good things about it, especially the pickup blend feature.[/quote]

The pre is lovely, gives me a wide tonal control from the bass which was what I was after. I have the Vol - Blend/Mid - Bass/Treble set up.

Worth the dosh? Yes.

Regards - Neil