Why become a member? ×

Hello from Stourbridge

basswesty

Craig from Stourbridge, West Mids.
Hello to all low enders. Been reading on here for a while and like it a lot so finally registered.
I currently use and array of Fenders and also own a Status Kingbass Artist which you can see in the for sale section.

I hope i'm doin this right..... ;)

[quote name='basswesty' post='380096' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:06 AM']Do they still have bands on at The Mitre??? I'll pop down if I'm free. ;)[/quote]

It's a new gaffer in the Mitre. If we can get plenty of folks through the door hopefully he'll be putting more bands on in the future.

[quote name='610*c' post='380124' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:33 AM']If week keep this up maybe we can have a Black Country bass day.[/quote]

Yeaaaa! :P (PS: Nice choice of bass by the way)

Edited by bassman2790

Cool, I'll bear that in mind when we're after a local one. Is it still upstairs and does he pay?

[quote name='bassman2790' post='380635' date='Jan 14 2009, 08:03 PM']It's a new gaffer in the Mitre. If we can get plenty of folks through the door hopefully he'll be putting more bands on in the future.

Yeaaaa! ;) (PS: Nice choice of bass by the way)[/quote]

[quote name='basswesty' post='380662' date='Jan 14 2009, 08:27 PM']Cool, I'll bear that in mind when we're after a local one. Is it still upstairs and does he pay?[/quote]

We've been told it's 'in the back room' not upstairs and we're getting paid, so I'd say yes. Why not take a demo round and have a chat to Mick (Taffy).

Don't know what's happening with the Rock Cafe since it's closure late last year. A close friend of mine used to engineer down there. He told me that the business was owned by a husband and wife team. They've split up and the Rock Cafe was closed down. Anyone heard anything recently?

UPDATE: Followed a link to their old website and the home page announces 'The River Rooms' - Site Under Development. Anyone know what type of business the River Rooms are going to be?

Edited by bassman2790

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='381901' date='Jan 15 2009, 11:28 PM']Are there 2 rock cafes? This one was the Rock Cafe 2000 which is on an industrial estate.[/quote]

That's the one.....gone I'm afraid. The link is [url="http://www.rockcafe2000.co.uk/"]http://www.rockcafe2000.co.uk[/url] . If you follow it, you'll see what I say is true

Its at the back of my house. Its having a refurb I believe. There was a rumour that the owner was ploughing his money into property and was losing interest in the Rock Cafe but it does seem that isn't the case.
I also heard it had changed hands? Not sure about that though.