Why become a member? ×

What Did I Do Wrong?

stewblack

I had a comment moderated for mentioning what excellent value for money a pedal was. 

I don't expect to be above the law, in fact I don't want to run foul of the mods in any way, their job is thankless enough. 

I only bother mentioning it because it strikes me that people saying wow great price, or this is really cheap, and so forth are some of the most common reactions we see here.

Edited by stewblack

10 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I had a comment moderated for mentioning what excellent value for money a pedal was. 

I don't expect to be above the law, in fact I don't want to run foul of the mods in any way, their job is thankless enough. 

I only bother mentioning it because it strikes me that people saying wow great price, or this is really cheap, and so forth are some of the most common reactions we see here.

I think you may have mentioned that the pedal you had bought had been even cheaper?

But tell you what - the fact that you had recommended this particular pedal got me seriously interested in it! And I just missed out...

The original ad was posted 19 days ago. You commented 7 hours ago and it sold the same day.

Tell you what - feel free to comment on any of my FS threads any time you like! :) 

Sorry @stewblack, I didn't think it was a huge issue. Members often comment on prices on other listings. They shouldn't but people do. I edited the comment on a listing being a bargain & rather than a discreet edit, it suddenly popped up with displaying the edit reason. 

I didn't have you down as one of the bad guys & I'm sorry it made a bigger deal out of it than was intended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cat Burrito said:

Sorry @stewblack, I didn't think it was a huge issue. Members often comment on prices on other listings. They shouldn't but people do. I edited the comment on a listing being a bargain & rather than a discreet edit, it suddenly popped up with displaying the edit reason. 

I didn't have you down as one of the bad guys & I'm sorry it made a bigger deal out of it than was intended. 

Sorry I didn't mean to make a big deal it's not honestly, just didn't want to be inadvertently making work for you guys 

• Thanks 1

Ok now I'm confused.

Why should commenting on something "being a bargain" be problematic, if it genuinely is? It's often helpful to have that pointed out to folk anyway - they can go away and confirm the point for themselves if they need.

There are LOADs of comments about things being a bargain in the FS, including from the mods.

Just now, Al Krow said:

Ok now I'm confused.

Why should commenting on something "being a bargain" be problematic, if it genuinely is? It's often helpful to have that pointed out to folk anyway - they can go away and confirm the point for themselves if they need.

There are LOADs of comments about things being a bargain in the FS, including from the mods.

It's OK Al, Cat did say it happens but it shouldn't. I really didn't mean to open a can of worms. 

Just now, stewblack said:

It's OK Al, Cat did say it happens but it shouldn't. I really didn't mean to open a can of worms. 

Yeah, thanks Stew - but it would be good to get this clarified. Those of who are regulars on BC all want to "play by the book".

Totally agree it doesn't have to be a drama, for sure! But clarity is always a good thing.

Maybe the house rules are set out in black and white somewhere and I just need to be pointed in the right direction to remind myself of them.