Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

Also of note is that there is now an undo/redo feature within the editor using the standard commands of CTRL+Z and CTRL+Y.

You can now also use the UP and DOWN cursor keys to skip banks in the editor.

The new skin is nice too:

0833BFC4-C022-4C60-AF7F-23E563863CC7.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher

For Mac users who might have been experiencing problems after updating to Catalina where the FI firmware update or patch writing doesn't work, please remember to update the driver for your interface too! This particular issue came up for @SICbass with his Roland UM-One MKII and there is an updated driver which fixes the issue:

https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/um-one_mk2/updates_drivers/e1812bfc-104a-4a18-a1db-b07980c0732c/

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple more:

No idea what the flip is going on with my second file; BC keeps saying it can't find the file when it tries to embed it so I've included it as a link instead.
Edited by Quatschmacher

8 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Anyone else experiencing multiple editor crashes on Windows 10 since the recent big Microsoft update?

No, but over at the "Catalina Ranch" things aren't too rosey now either. I can load a patch onto the editor and edit, save etc. but it then  freezes on that patch, not allowing me to load another. It allows you to start the load process but when you've found a patch and press open, nothing happens. It just stays on the previous patch. Even a restart didn't help. Then at some random and indeterminate time you can load another patch which then becomes the new "frozen" patch... and so on...

2 hours ago, SICbass said:

No, but over at the "Catalina Ranch" things aren't too rosey now either. I can load a patch onto the editor and edit, save etc. but it then  freezes on that patch, not allowing me to load another. It allows you to start the load process but when you've found a patch and press open, nothing happens. It just stays on the previous patch. Even a restart didn't help. Then at some random and indeterminate time you can load another patch which then becomes the new "frozen" patch... and so on...

If you’re able to replicate it consistently, would you mind documenting the steps and sending it to Panda as it’ll help to get a fix made.

My problem is quite random at the moment and the MIDI from my interface seems to have gone absolutely berserk and creates totally random settings when I change patches (routing via the MC8 over USB seems mostly ok). Don’t know what other craziness and system slowing the Windows update has introduced. Might have to roll it back. 

2 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Anybody else suffering a low-level high pitched whistle from their FI? Is it likely to suffer impedance issues when connected to a FX loop blender with other FX on other loops? It's only the FI producing a whistle - not the BassWhammy, FwonkBeta or 3Leaf Envelope Filter...

No, I’m not experiencing that, but your other pedals could also be masking the source of the noise as filter pedals will shave off the high frequencies. 

13 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Anyone else experiencing multiple editor crashes on Windows 10 since the recent big Microsoft update?

Does the editor require Windows 10 to work, or will it work just fine on earlier versions eg Windows 7?

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

@Quatschmacher

thanks for the great sounding patch! . its going onboard right next to "squanchy" it inspired a little bass jam from me...

bassjam1.mp3 946.94 kB · 10 downloads

Sounds wicked! Could I please use it as the sample clip for the patch on the database website? I'll credit you obviously.

On 03/02/2020 at 23:43, Quatschmacher said:

PANIC OVER!

It seems the problem lies elsewhere than Windows. I’m investigating. Thought it was the Source Audio Hub at first but seems like it might be the MC8 in combination with the Focusrite. I’ll report back again once I’ve figured it out.

EDIT - does seem to be something when sending MIDI to the MC8 from the Focusrite over the DIN port (though not over USB). I wonder if it has anything to with potentially the editor sending commands to the MC8 which are triggering its internal CC responses which is then causing the MC8 to spit out the accompanying CCs which are then getting sent along with the CCs from the editor which set the parameters for a patch. If so, it could be screwing up the FI. Though why that wouldn’t also happen over USB is a mystery. 

The other bizarre thing that is happening is that occasionally fast expression messages from the MC8 are locking up my Hub. This was the initial reason I thought it might be the Hub but I guess this could be another, separate MC8 issue.
Edited by Quatschmacher