Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Visit

Sibob

[quote name='Linus27' post='379208' date='Jan 13 2009, 03:45 PM']HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I had no idea they made the Elite as a 2 + 2, only the Elan.[/quote]
Nonono, 2.2. 2200 steaming ccs of pure throbbing power. The Elite like an Eclat. Not the dinky little thing that can just about get to the end of the driveway without blowing up.

[quote name='Linus27' post='379857' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:45 PM']HAHAHA nice one. Still, I hope to see it on the road oneday. Shame to let it waste away. By the way, Lakeside Engineering near Addlestone are excellent Lotus guys. All Ex Bell and Colvill.[/quote]

Heres a link to the second elite Early 70s

[url="http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/vehicle/picture.ehtml?i=6;p=652389269"]http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/vehicle/...i=6;p=652389269[/url]

Before I got my elan I had an MGB, and I visited Bell and Collville where I intended to buy what had been the original prototype S3 elan which had been totally rebuilt by lotus. On the way back, the gearbox went in my MGB and I had to drive from guildford to fareham in second gear. By the time I got it fixed, I lost the S3.

I love the black and gold JPS colours. I find it somewhat amusing that people at work over the last few years have used the black and gold theme on our website and in other areas thinking its new and cool

Perhaps a black and gold JPS Jazz Bass

Edited by bumnote

[quote]Perhaps a black and gold JPS Jazz Bass[/quote]

Now that is a nice idea although I think that the Musicman did something like that a couple of years ago.

This is getting very very OT. Perhaps we should start a Lotus page in Off Topic and continue the car chat there.

Back OT, I couldn't fault Ashdown service when they fixed my ABM500 a few years ago and returned it in a couple odf days.

It was only when I sold it and the buyer took it to have it serviced and the Tech found that the underside of the motherboard had been bodge repaired with Tin-copper wire where it had blown. This was a warranty repair when they should have replaced the motherboard completely. I was none too happy and asked to be removed from their web site.

[quote name='obbm' post='380121' date='Jan 14 2009, 11:31 AM']Now that is a nice idea although I think that the Musicman did something like that a couple of years ago.

This is getting very very OT. Perhaps we should start a Lotus page in Off Topic and continue the car chat there.

Back OT, I couldn't fault Ashdown service when they fixed my ABM500 a few years ago and returned it in a couple odf days.

It was only when I sold it and the buyer took it to have it serviced and the Tech found that the underside of the motherboard had been bodge repaired with Tin-copper wire where it had blown. This was a warranty repair when they should have replaced the motherboard completely. I was none too happy and asked to be removed from their web site.[/quote]

Thats pretty poor, I remember seing your piccy on the web site

Are you back in a band now?

[quote name='bumnote' post='380147' date='Jan 14 2009, 12:02 PM']Thats pretty poor, I remember seing your piccy on the web site

Are you back in a band now?[/quote]

Yes! I was pretty lived as I had to refund the buyer for the cost of getting it sorted.

Band? Sort of yes. We have 2 guitars, bass and drums and although three of us can sing none of us have got strong enough voices to front the band so we are looking and looking and looking for a singer. Musically it gelled very quickly but we need a quality singer.

[quote name='Linus27' post='380171' date='Jan 14 2009, 12:23 PM']What sort of music obbm??[/quote]

I suppose you'd call it Rock covers - Thin Lizzy, G 'N' R, Dire Straits, Bon Jovi, Clapton, Chuck Berry, Quo, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Bryan Adams - all the usual suapects. Three of us are retired and the average age is 57.5, but that doesn't deter us.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='380179' date='Jan 14 2009, 12:30 PM']My mate has an Elise & we were sitting in a traffic queue in Pompey when on old chap would down the window of his Jag & said 'my son desgined those' - my mate replied instantly with - 'tell him the f***ing roof leaks'. He didn't know what to say.[/quote]

HAHAHA yep, they all do that. Mine leaks like a seive.

[quote name='obbm' post='380181' date='Jan 14 2009, 12:33 PM']I suppose you'd call it Rock covers - Thin Lizzy, G 'N' R, Dire Straits, Bon Jovi, Clapton, Chuck Berry, Quo, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Bryan Adams - all the usual suapects. Three of us are retired and the average age is 57.5, but that doesn't deter us.[/quote]

Dad rock ;) :P

Well my Caterhams were both incredibly reliable as long as I replaced the Austin A35 rubber bush holding the rear suspension on twice a year.
They were both built with care, loads of Nylocs and loctite, and not by me.
I'll build one one day.

I regularly carried my sax and associated gubbins to gigs in it (a baritone sax in a case the size of a small person, mind, not an airy fairy alto) and once or twice I strapped my bass combo to the luggae rack or roll bar and took my bass gear to a gig.
Fabulous driving for about 50p ....

Oh and a Caterham is Top Gear car of the year ??? Much as I love them that is a somewhat odd result ;)

I am thinking about changing my Elise for a Caterham someday as I prefer the front engine rear wheel drive config over the mid engine rear wheel drive of the Elise. Still, its more of a maybe as I would so miss my Elise. I want both is what I am trying to say.

[quote name='OldGit' post='380321' date='Jan 14 2009, 03:18 PM']Oh and a Caterham is Top Gear car of the year ??? Much as I love them that is a somewhat odd result ;)[/quote]

I have always wanted a 7, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a BRG green and yellowr seven KAR120C seen on a certain TV program that I still watch occasinally and still cant understand. Maybe I need drugs.

I was going to buy one and I went to to Caterham and had a test drive but my wife at the time got in and couldnt get out again with any dignity so that was that.

I doubt I could get in one these days either

[quote name='bumnote' post='380330' date='Jan 14 2009, 03:31 PM']I have always wanted a 7, and it has absolutely nothing to do with a BRG green and yellowr seven KAR120C seen on a certain TV program that I still watch occasinally and still cant understand. Maybe I need drugs.

I was going to buy one and I went to to Caterham and had a test drive but my wife at the time got in and couldnt get out again with any dignity so that was that.

I doubt I could get in one these days either[/quote]

Getting in is Ok but getting out is something of an art form...

They make, er, wider ones now .. and longer as the yoof of today are all way longer legged than Chapman (or me).

OT but related to the subsequent OT discussion..

Patrick McGoohan just died..

It's his fault so many of us got Sevens, well that and fact that Chapman had already product placed the Elan for Emma Peel in The Avengers..

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='381426' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:00 PM']OT but related to the subsequent OT discussion..

Patrick McGoohan just died..

It's his fault so many of us got Sevens, well that and fact that Chapman had already product placed the Elan for Emma Peel in The Avengers..

[/quote]

Just looking at that elan [and mrs peel]

What memories what memories

[quote name='OldGit' post='381425' date='Jan 15 2009, 04:00 PM']It's his fault so many of us got Sevens, well that and fact that Chapman had already product placed the Elan for Emma Peel in The Avengers..[/quote]

And then went to to place an Esprit S3 and an Esprit Turbo in Bond films.