Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Ashdown MAG 300H

nickcarey

[size=4][b][center] 300H MAG Head - with custom Black Buffalo Covering - £195 [color="#FF0000"]NOW £135[/b][/color]

Approx 9 months old and only gigged twice!

Power Supply, Manual plus original Ashdown amp packaging included and spare plastic button.

Also upgraded with variable fan thermostat for studio work.

Customised by Andy @ Straightedge (UK Ashdown Builder) & in immaculate condition.

Original Cost £285 inc. StraightEdge work

Will travel an agreeable distance for petrol money (approx £5 - £10). Alternatively can be picked up.[/center]

[center]Postage £10 (Courier 48 Hr Delivery) [/center][/size]

Edited by nickcarey

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions Nick! Have you (or anyone else!) tried these cabs with a 5-string? If so how do they cope with the low B?

Secondly (or is that three?!) can you see any sensible way of getting the rig towards Bristol?

If not, have a Bump anyway!!

[quote name='nickcarey' post='392715' date='Jan 27 2009, 01:39 PM']Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've been away.

The amount of bottom end this rig produces is ridiculous, especially considering it's size. I have tried it with drop D tuning and it manages without any probs. The spec alone of the celestions is not all it seems as these speakers sound like they have more low end than others speakers I have used whicj have an apparent lower frequency response (according the manufacturers specs).

I think you would be fine with a 5 stringer on this rig. Regarding transport I usually use an online courier. I'm sure we could work something out if you are still interested.

Regards
Nick[/quote]

Nick,

Sorry, I was trying to sort something out fairly quickly for early Feb, so when you didn't respond I accepted an offer of a 115 Ashdown cab - delivered today!