Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='mxm' timestamp='1348776531' post='1818155']
Anyone here get the black stingray on EBay for £410 ? I salute you....possibly !!!
[/quote]

I was watching it.
I contacted the guy about the replacement pickup ( it had a seymour duncan basslines pickup) and got no reply so that put me off bidding.

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1348777301' post='1818175']

I was watching it.
I contacted the guy about the replacement pickup ( it had a seymour duncan basslines pickup) and got no reply so that put me off bidding.
[/quote]

Understandable, but otherwise I'd like to think someone got a bargain !

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1348780077' post='1818247']
Bugger.. I didnt even see it.. I seem to miss loads of lefty basses on ebay, whats the best thing to type in the search? I usually go for "lefty basses".
[/quote]
A search for '' left handed bass " under the musical instruments category gives the best results but i always do the variations such as 'lefty', 'left hand', 'lh' etc.

There's actually a category for left handed guitars you can browse to, but not often people will use bass guitars instead and eBay charges extra for an additional category. I just use left bass, this should also match lefty bass. I am shocked and saddened that other people are searching too! You guys all stop and I will distribute the lefties fairly :P

[quote name='stoko' timestamp='1348859807' post='1819329']
Anyone got a cheap but playable leftie up for grabs? Had a quick look on here but nothing recent?
Cheers!
[/quote]

Hi Stoko, check eBay out as there seems to be a deluge of US Stingrays at giveaway prices at the mo !

[quote name='phsycoandy' timestamp='1347545942' post='1802256']
FOR SALE. 2002 Mex Fender Jazz. In totally mint condition. No buckle rash, dings or scratches. Comes with brand new Kinsman padded gig bag. [s]£349 [b]NOW £299 plus £10 shipping[/b] [/s]PP gift or transfer please.

Includes set of strap locks. [u][b]NOW ON HOLD[/b][/u]

[/quote]Still for sale and free shipping now offered. Bump

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='HADGE' timestamp='1348863215' post='1819373']
[b]hi stoko i got a few basses for sale a westone active a ibenez active a aria 5 string magna series all going cheap from 150 -170 hope i can help you cheers mate[/b]
[/quote]Could you post a few pics of those basses pls? Would you post abroad? Thnx

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1348780077' post='1818247']
Bugger.. I didnt even see it.. I seem to miss loads of lefty basses on ebay, whats the best thing to type in the search? I usually go for "lefty basses".
[/quote]

A lot of leftys aren't categorised as such.Just plow through the regulare bass section,I've found a few interesting ones that weren't in the leftys section.

My regular search routine is to go through the Left Handed category first, and then search the Guitars category for the word "left*", with an asterisk, and mark the box that lets you search both in titles and descriptions. eBay's search engine will then display all auctions that contain words beginning with "left" like Lefty, Lefthanded or Left Handed.