Why become a member? ×

An unexpected purchase

Tinman

[quote name='Tinman' post='39123' date='Jul 30 2007, 06:12 PM']Why thank you Ferret, I'll remember that if we ever meet :huh:

Update: Sims are closed for summer hols 'til 13th of August. Bugger, I wanted it yesterday!!![/quote]

Well you'd have probably gone and got your self some of those flashy light things up the neck as well so that's saved you about 300 quid (and two broken arms and a few teeth I guess ... :) )

[quote name='Tinman' post='38942' date='Jul 30 2007, 01:28 PM']Thanks guys
I'm now wondering whether it would look better with a different scratch plate, what do ya reckon? I'm not sure it looks at it's best with white.[/quote]

I've just put a black one on mine and it looks really nice.

[quote name='paul, the' post='39193' date='Jul 30 2007, 08:12 PM']Great buys by the way Tinman, you and your spoose have excellent taste.[/quote]
[b]Thanks Paul. I'm chuffed to bits, trouble is I've now got to wait a couple of weeks to hear them in all their glory[/b]

[quote name='OldGit' post='39194' date='Jul 30 2007, 08:16 PM']Oh blige mate! What do I do? She still owes me for standing on yoru sholder dressed in red with tail and pitchfork whispering "shhhhhuker" in your ear ...
:huh:[/quote]
[b]I'd hide if I was you mate, she has a list of culprits lined up for that one and I think that you maybe somewhere near the top of it! :huh: [/b]

[quote name='OldGit' post='39201' date='Jul 30 2007, 08:22 PM']Well you'd have probably gone and got your self some of those flashy light things up the neck as well so that's saved you about 300 quid (and two broken arms and a few teeth I guess ... :huh: )[/quote]
[b]Yeah, probably and that may have been one step too far :) [/b]

Hopefully the pickguard will be with me sometime this week. I'll post pics when it's arrived and fitted.

Cheers guys

Pete

[quote name='Tinman' post='39339' date='Jul 31 2007, 05:49 AM'][b]Thanks Paul. I'm chuffed to bits, trouble is I've now got to wait a couple of weeks to hear them in all their glory[/b]
[b]I'd hide if I was you mate, she has a list of culprits lined up for that one and I think that you maybe somewhere near the top of it! :huh: [/b]
[b]Yeah, probably and that may have been one step too far :) [/b]

Hopefully the pickguard will be with me sometime this week. I'll post pics when it's arrived and fitted.

Cheers guys

Pete[/quote]

Dear Mrs Tinman,
I think you are a truly wonderful person and a fine upstanding member of this community.
Yours in admiration,
Old(trembling, hiding in the cupboard under the stairs)Git

PS He'll be selling all his non-shukers when the DreamBass arrives so he can buy you something nice then .... :huh:

Dear OG, please don't fret - I'm not the violent type :)

Tinman (and yourself and anyone else who may have encouraged him to spend money) are henceforth forgiven as Tinman is taking me away for a week :huh:

Christmas in a 4* hotel overlooking the Nile in Luxor :huh:

(paid for mostly by my feverish collecting of Tesco clubcard points but we still needed to add a bit plus I've been mithering him nonstop for three days - and he didn't bat an eyelid, bless him :wub: )

All is well in the Tinnie household :huh:

Edited by Mrs Tinman

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='40132' date='Aug 1 2007, 06:33 PM']Dear OG, please don't fret - I'm not the violent type :)

Tinman (and yourself and anyone else who may have encouraged him to spend money) are henceforth forgiven as Tinman is taking me away for a week :huh:

Christmas in a 4* hotel overlooking the Nile in Luxor :huh:

(paid for mostly by my feverish collecting of Tesco clubcard points but we still needed to add a bit plus I've been mithering him nonstop for three days - and he didn't bat an eyelid, bless him :wub: )

All is well in the Tinnie household :huh:[/quote]

no black eye then?
:huh:

[quote name='Tinman' post='40145' date='Aug 1 2007, 06:53 PM']No, but she's gonna get one if she mentions bloody holidays again for the next six months :)[/quote]

but if you go on holiday that means your lovely shuker will be all on its own, never mind i'm sure someone on here would be happy to look after it for you :huh:

[quote name='paul, the' post='39193' date='Jul 30 2007, 08:12 PM']Why do they make the red tort pickguards? What finish are they supposed to complement?[/quote]

I really don't know. One of the Squier Vintage Modified Strats come in red with a red tort scratchplate, its horrible

Edited by lwtait

[quote name='paul, the' post='39193' date='Jul 30 2007, 08:12 PM']Great buys by the way Tinman, you and [b]your spoose[/b] have excellent taste.[/quote]

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='42081' date='Aug 6 2007, 05:57 PM']The new brown 'thingy' has arrived today while he is out.

Its horrid :huh:

What's wrong with the white? :)

I'm going to hide the new one :huh:[/quote]

I regretfully take that back.

I'm going to put pickguard preference as terms in the marriage vows :huh:

Bah, my wife makes me do things like that-pain in the bum, eh? Lovely bass. I'm interested in your comments on the S-1 switching. I have it on my new P-bass, and on mine it changes the sound from a nice rich, full sound to a thin and weedy one with a noticeable drop in volume. I never use it. Love the bass otherwise, although the case it came with, as far as I can see the same asymmetrical job that you have, is a load of rubbish. Poorly put together, and one of the clasps isn't even put on straight. It's a pain to do up, and the shop I bought it from is currently chasing the Fender rep for a replacement. On the subject of the scratchplate, Fender seem awfully fond of the white ones at the moment. I wanted a black one, and although it's theoretically possible to get one from Fender with a black scratchplate, I was told that even if you order your bass with a black scratchplate, there's no guarantee it won't arrive with a white one! I had to get the bass with a white one and buy a black one separately! Enjoy, unexpected purchases like that are often the best ones.

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='42204' date='Aug 6 2007, 10:15 PM']Bah, my wife makes me do things like that-pain in the bum, eh? Lovely bass. I'm interested in your comments on the S-1 switching. I have it on my new P-bass, and on mine it changes the sound from a nice rich, full sound to a thin and weedy one with a noticeable drop in volume. I never use it. Love the bass otherwise, although the case it came with, as far as I can see the same asymmetrical job that you have, is a load of rubbish. Poorly put together, and one of the clasps isn't even put on straight. It's a pain to do up, and the shop I bought it from is currently chasing the Fender rep for a replacement. On the subject of the scratchplate, Fender seem awfully fond of the white ones at the moment. I wanted a black one, and although it's theoretically possible to get one from Fender with a black scratchplate, I was told that even if you order your bass with a black scratchplate, there's no guarantee it won't arrive with a white one! I had to get the bass with a white one and buy a black one separately! Enjoy, unexpected purchases like that are often the best ones.[/quote]

Get your money back for the case and buy a Hiscox ...
Much better .. chaeper too :)

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='42204' date='Aug 6 2007, 10:15 PM']although the case it came with, as far as I can see the same asymmetrical job that you have, is a load of rubbish. Poorly put together, and one of the clasps isn't even put on straight.[/quote]
Yeah, you're right, the case is very badly put together, I really have to fight with it to get it closed.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='42212' date='Aug 6 2007, 10:31 PM']Much better - tortie on sunburst looks just right.[attachment=1608:jamerson.jpg][/quote]
I think so too, although the wife disagrees. (she should just stick to making me buy them) :huh:

[quote name='Hanson' post='42254' date='Aug 7 2007, 12:03 AM']My god i hope when im older my Wife makes me Buy Basses!![/quote]
Took me a while to find this one :) but I think they may have broken the mould

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='42470' date='Aug 7 2007, 02:16 PM']That is flippin' lovely![/quote]
Thanks Luke, I've never been a big fan of Fenders till I tried this but I love the way it plays and I think it looks superb.