Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA BB714BS BILLY SHEEHAN SIGNATURE BASS SOLD!!!

ozzy138

This Billy Sheehan signature bass is up for sale. Its in brand new, shop condition and is just over a month old (basically a very nice but not what i really wanted xmas pressie from the Wife..!!) It has never been gigged, is in superb nick with no dents or scratches. It also has a set of DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams attached....

Alder body Maple neck, Rosewood fretboard
22 Frets
Yamaha Chrome bridge
P and Sub bass pickups
Chrome tuners
Volume, Balance, and bass controls
Yamaha Chrome hardware

The pictures dont do her justice...

[b][u]the Price is £300 and includes a basic gig bag[/u][/b] Now with added Jim Dunlop strap thrown in...

I can drop off the bass if within a reasonable of East London/Essex area, if not please feel free to pm and we can sort out the P&P

Edited by ozzy138

Great bass!

cant believe you would want to sell this?? rrp = £599 on these, £499 is standard so...thats one hell of a deal at £300!! monster bass with monster tone.

the neck on these are great, fairly chunky and fast

good luck

andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='Smash' post='373838' date='Jan 8 2009, 09:53 AM']I am toying with the idea of adding another Attitude to my collection as they are so good, but cannot decide whether to buy a black Ltd or one of these, hmmm. Wished the neck was Maple though.[/quote]

actually...the neck is really good and doesn't suffer from not being maple.

If you can, i would recommend you buy this for the price on offer because Yamaha seem to have produced a very limited run of these and, of course, they are superb!

andy

Guys,

thanks very much for your interest....

With regards to the neck i actually find it very fast. Ive been used to my old Stingray for years and a Warmoth Jazz and i find it just as good, if not slightly faster than either. Its a great Bass just the sound just doesn't do it for me im afraid.....

Also im putting together another Warmoth project so the funds raised from the 714 will go to that.

any more questions just give us a shout...........

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I finally decided to buy a BB414. It's due in this week in fact. Now I'm really curious about this! Any idea how they compare? How does the neck pickup work out? Is it useable on it's own or really just to supplement the P?

I'm guessing the BB714 sounds more Gibson-like whereas the BB414 sounds more Fender-like (??)

[quote name='Feelgood' post='385123' date='Jan 19 2009, 04:27 PM']OK, so I finally decided to buy a BB414. It's due in this week in fact. Now I'm really curious about this! Any idea how they compare? How does the neck pickup work out? Is it useable on it's own or really just to supplement the P?

I'm guessing the BB714 sounds more Gibson-like whereas the BB414 sounds more Fender-like (??)[/quote]

No! the bb714bs has many tones with the woofer pup off it sounds like a p with the woofer on it sounds monsterous! the woofer does emulate an eb0 very well infact, the pup is more dynamic being able to pick-up string pulls and bends.

I cant recomend the bb714 more, it is a superb instrument, well made, good pups and electrics. incredibly fast playable neck.

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='385981' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:00 PM']No! the bb714bs has many tones with the woofer pup off it sounds like a p with the woofer on it sounds monsterous! the woofer does emulate an eb0 very well infact, the pup is more dynamic being able to pick-up string pulls and bends.

I cant recomend the bb714 more, it is a superb instrument, well made, good pups and electrics. incredibly fast playable neck.

andy[/quote]
Cheers Andy - sounds impressive. Have you any experience with the BB414? Would you say the BB714 produces more rock-oriented tones?

Oh, and does the woofer pup get in the way of slapping? :-)

the bb714 is a very rocky bass but...its real smooth in delivery. the woofer pup gets right in the way of slapping, so I'm afraid to say the the bb414 is a right slapper!

never actually played a bb414?? was about to buy one for modification when I saw the bb714 on the Yamaha website and, I guess, the rest is history as they say!

yes the woofer can be turned off using the pot closest to it.

check out link here: [url="http://basses.yamaha-europe.com/newbass.php"]http://basses.yamaha-europe.com/newbass.php[/url]

contains pics of two new basses and video of evolution...

andy

Edited by andy67

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...