Why become a member? ×

Bedroom practicey type gear

HarryPotter

I'm basically after something that will let me widdle away to my hearts content in the bedroom (as long as the boss aint sleeping at the time :)).

Initial thoughts are some kind of practice amp - Roland Microbass RX thingy or maybe something similar - I don't want the strangulated fart you get from the normal 8" practice amps and to be fair they're probably too loud (its a small house).

Another option is something like the Behringer V-Amp Pro through headphones - but to do this it needs to be fairly loud - I currently use a Zoom 607 and the output through headphones is basically inadequate for my needs.

So it needs to be small and packable awayable and have a fairly decent tone so I'm not cringing as I play and be loud enough to hear over the regular instrument sounds (I play fairly hard).

And it will never ever be used elsewhere - I have my ABM stuff for that.

Budget, lets say Microbass RX max - £130.

Cheers.

To be able to practice late into the evening without annoying the family or neighbours I use a Tascam Bass Trainer with headphones. Great for playing along to CDs and small enough to fit in your bass carry-bag. I have the volume set at about 3/10 and I can hear everything fine, so it'll put you at risk of Tinnitus if you really want that kind of thing.

The latest version, the Tascam BT-2, is within your budget but I would recommend a very good pair of headphones to compliment.

Good headphoes I got, I still use my old Senheiser Ovations that I bought in about '96, and they cost a fortune back then.

However it's looking like the Microcube RX - They're £100 at stagebeat right now - that's almost too good to miss.

Edited by HarryPotter

[quote name='HarryPotter' post='368730' date='Jan 2 2009, 07:10 PM']Good headphoes I got, I still use my old Senheiser Ovations that I bought in about '96, and they cost a fortune back then.

However it's looking like the Microcube RX - They're £100 at stagebeat right now - that's almost too good to miss.[/quote]

I can't recommend the Bass trainer highly enough to be honest. I have both the CD and the MP3 version, and the CD one is the better sounding of the two, but the MP3 is handier.
You should give thought to this because its a great sounding device and makes silent(almost) practicing so easy. You get lots of effects and a tuner thrown in with the CD player and practice amp facility too. Winner!