Why become a member? ×

Pino live

obi 2 kenobi

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='365920' date='Dec 30 2008, 12:46 AM']Makes me kind of fancy getting a Stingray fretless.[/quote]

I've played that fretless, it's got a big Wales rugby sticker on the back.

Here's another Palladino, Katche, Miller [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWU2omQp8TY"]video[/url]

[quote name='obi 2 kenobi' post='365463' date='Dec 29 2008, 01:48 PM'][url="http://www.arte.tv/fr/Videos-sur-ARTE-TV/2151166,CmC=2369496.html"]http://www.arte.tv/fr/Videos-sur-ARTE-TV/2...mC=2369496.html[/url]

In France over the holidays. Went to wife's friends place last nite. Dude showed me some recordings of Manu Katché's 'one shot not'. Essentially a better version of Later with Jools but without the boogie woogie piano and added bonus of rehearsals like this with Pino, Manu and Dominic Miller.

The range of skills and the complete range of music that Pino can play is probably without equal in the bass world. Truely multidimensional.[/quote]

They've gone :)

Did anyone rip them?

I was just starting to play jazz in and around Cardiff when Pino 'broke' with Paul Young and Go West. He was highly thought of but I never met him or saw him play. I did meet his early Cardiff 'dep' whose name I cannot remember (Chris something?), who played a headless Status when they were 'the' bass to have, and was suitably impressed. Now my thoughts are that, like the other players on Jake's list, he is a capable player who delivers whatever he is required to play, be that complex funk grooves or straight blues shuffles.

As for the rest of Jake’s list:

Jimmy Johnson – Stan Getz, James Taylor, Billy Childs, Allan Holdsworth, Flim & The BBs, Eddie Daniels, Don Grusin, Earl Klugh, Ray Charles, Al Jarreau, Rod Stewart

Anthony Jackson – Michel Camilo, Lee Ritenour, Steve Kahn, Chick Corea, Billy Cobham, Steely Dan, Al diMeola, Donald Fagan, Roberta Flack, Pat Metheny, Paul Simon, Mike Stern

Darryll Jones – Rolling Stones, Sting, John Scofield, Steps Ahead

Neil Stubenhaus - Elton John, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Wilson, Patti LaBelle, Michael Bolton, Ricky Martin, Dan Fogelberg, John Fogerty, Cher, Joe Cocker, Bobby Caldwell, Taylor Dayne, Vince Gill, George Benson, Al Jarreau, Don Henley, Luis Miguel, Julio Iglesias, BB King, Michael McDonald, Bette Midler, Hanson, The Corrs, Milton Nascimento, Pointer Sisters, Eros Ramazzotti, Lee Ritenour, Lionel Richie, Diane Schuur, Tom Scott

Marcus Miller – Miles Davis, David Sanborn

Nathan East – Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Fourplay, Anita Baker, Babyface, Elton John, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, Sting, Quincy Jones, Al Jarreau, Kenny Loggins, Herbie Hancock and B.B. King. He co-wrote the Number one hit song "Easy Lover" for Phil Collins and Philip Bailey

John Patittucci – Chick Corea, Manhattan Transfer, Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock, Michael Brecker, George Benson, Dizzy Gillespie, Was Not Was, Roby Duke, Dave Grusin, Natalie Cole, Bon Jovi, Queen Latifah, Sting, and Carly Simon

Jimmy Haslip – The Yellowjackets, Bruce Hornsby, Rita Coolidge, Gino Vannelli, Tommy Bolin, Allan Holdsworth, Marilyn Scott, Chaka Khan, Al Jarreau, Donald Fagen and Anita Baker

Will Lee - Bette Midler, The Brecker Brothers, Barry Manilow, Tatsuro Yamashita, Mariah Carey, Carly Simon, George Benson, Steely Dan, Donald Fagen, B.B. King, Cat Stevens, Michael Bolton, Ringo Starr, Gloria Estefan & the Miami Sound Machine, Cyndi Lauper, James Brown, Cher, Al Green, Billy Joel, Liza Minnelli, Frank Sinatra, Carl Perkins, KISS's Ace Frehley, Barbra Streisand, Diana Ross, David Sanborn, Spyro Gyra, Ricky Martin, Natalie Cole, Roy Buchanan

Tom Barney – Steely Dan,

Willie Weeks - Stevie Wonder, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, Ronnie Wood, Aretha Franklin, Rod Stewart, Carly Simon, David Bowie, Gregg Allman, Michael McDonald, The Doobie Brothers, Kevin Chalfant, Hank Crawford, Wynonna Judd, Vince Gill, Richard and Linda Thompson, Don McLean and Lyle Lovett. He has also played with B.B. King, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Joe Walsh, Robert Cray, Bobby Womack, Jimmy Buffett, Bette Midler, Randy Newman, James Taylor, Billy Joel and John Mayer.

And as for Lee Sklar – Air Supply, America, Peter Allen, Hoyt Axton, Barefoot Servants, Carole Bayer Sagar, Laura Branigan, Regina Belle, Stephen Bishop, Sarah Brightman, Jackson Browne, Glen Campbell, Kate Bush, Erci Carmen, Kim Carnes, David Cassidy, Ray Charles, Billy Cobham, Joe Cocker, Leonard Cohen, Phil Collins, Rita Coolidge, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Neil Diamond, Dion, Donovan, The Doors, Randy Edelman, England Dan and John Ford Coley, Yvonne Elliman, Art Garfunkel, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Arlo Guthrie, Sammy Hagar, Merle Haggard, Hall & Oates, Don Henley, Faith Hill, Roger Hodgson, Engelbert Humperdinck, Enrique Iglesias, Carole King, Kris Kristofferson, Lyle Lovett, Manhattan Transfer, Steve Lukather, James Taylor….OK. I give up: I’m boring myself now. :)

I reckon ‘visible’ about covers it :huh:

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='371066' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:17 PM']Willie Weeks - Stevie Wonder, George Harrison, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, Ronnie Wood, Aretha Franklin, Rod Stewart, Carly Simon, David Bowie, Gregg Allman, Michael McDonald, The Doobie Brothers, Kevin Chalfant, Hank Crawford, Wynonna Judd, Vince Gill, Richard and Linda Thompson, Don McLean and Lyle Lovett. He has also played with B.B. King, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Joe Walsh, Robert Cray, Bobby Womack, Jimmy Buffett, Bette Midler, Randy Newman, James Taylor, Billy Joel and John Mayer[/quote]

And that was just at one gig... :)

dominic miller....... tosser :)

vid clip>>fast forward>>5mins 48s

[b]manu[/b]: its nice when pino takes it over...

[b]miller [/b](interupts!) : pino, you can make it simple, you dont need to articulate the melody, just get that (plays riff)..... blah blah blah..... thats just real stupid, just do this.......

[b]pino[/b]: thats what i did........

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='371066' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:17 PM']As for the rest of Jake’s list:
I reckon ‘visible’ about covers it :huh:[/quote]
And not to mention our UK man [b]Steve Pearce[/b]..
Van Morrison,Stevie Wonder,Herbie Hancock,Wayne Shorter,Madonna,Elton John,Sting,George Michael,Bryan Ferry,Scott Walker,Tom Jones,Al Jarreau,Mark Knopfler,Everything but the Girl,M'shell NdegeOcello,Annie Lennox,Joss Stone,James Morrison,Mariah Carey,Rod Stewart,Ronnie Wood,Dave Gilmour,Leona Lewis,Diana Krall,Natalie Cole,Alice Cooper,Orchestra Manhattan,Alison Moyet,Jon Anderson,Diana Ross,Bob Geldof,10cc,Seal,Randy Crawford,Darryl Hall,Toni Braxton,Mica Paris,Sandy Rivera,Hamish Stuart,Cyndi Lauper,Lemar,Anne Dudley,Bryn Terfal,Renee Fleming,Elliott Randall,Tony Visconti,Danny Elfman,Carleen Anderson,The Chieftains,Steve Mac,Mark Isham,Tommy Cooper,Peter Vettese,Laura Michelle Kelly,David Cassidy,Brian Auger,Chrissie Hynde,Take That,Graham Lyle,David Arnold,Mick Hucknell,The Art of Noise,Shakin' Stevens,Rod Argent,Don Airey,Aaron Carter,Howard Shore,Lulu,Westlife,Mel C,EMF,The Senators,Rolf Harris,London Studio orchestra,Emma Bunton,Bonnie Raitt,gO:Audio,Desmond Dekker,Morecambe and Wise,Ray Gelato,Heatwave,Phil Ramone,George Fenton,Nick Glennie-Smith,Maddy Prior,Carter Burwell,Boy George,Heaven 17,Russell Watson,Ian Levine,Cliff Richard,Barry Manilow,Chris de Burgh,Mose Allison,Jim Mullen,Peter King,Stan Sultzman,Elaine Delmar,John Horler,Meja,Steve Harley,Randy Edelman,Patrick Doyle,The Osmonds,Mari Wilson,Marti Pellow,Donny Osmond,Philharmonia orchestra,Clem Clempson,O-Town,Kid Creole and the Coconuts,Boyzone,The Everly Brothers,Michael Nyman,Robin Williamson,Gary Barlow,The Real Thing,Willard White,Andrew Lloyd Webber,Julian Lloyd Webber,John Miles,Barbara Windsor,John Parricelli,Kiki Dee,Finbar Furey,The Three Degrees,Will Young,Ute Lemper,Alan Parker,Dianne Tell,London Chamber orchestra,Cerys Matthews,Jose Carreras,Ken Loach,Richard O'Brian,Nick Carter,Sally Oldfield,Arthur Lowe,David Hartley,Englebert Humperdink,Sam Moore,Curtis Stigers,Pee Wee Ellis,Jocelyn Brown,Michael Ball,Barbara Pennington,Hayley Westenra,Chaga/Asuka,UK studio orchestra,Gordon Haskell,Ronan Keating,Suggs,Billy Mackenzie,Anastacia,Anna Krantz,Meat Loaf,Kate Winslet,London Symphony orchestra,Adrian Johnstone,Steven Poliakoff,Richard Cocciante,Kumiko Yamashita,Showaddywaddy,Antonio Banderas,Elaine Paige,Evelyn Thomas,Bournemouth Symphony orchestra,Placido Domingo,The Wurzels,Reeves and Mortimer,London Philharmonic orchestra,Laurie Johnson big band,Steve Coogan,Rachel Stevens,Adam Faith,David Dundas,Tony O'Malley,Kiri ti Kanawa,Peters and Lee,Sacha Distel,Shirley Bassey,Four poofs and a piano,Samantha Mumba,Nigel Kennedy,Stanley Myers,Ronnie Corbett,Kelly Clarkson,Clay Aiken,Miquel Brown,Abra Moore,Royal Philharmonic orchestra,Brotherhood of man,Lenny Henry,Jimmy Nail,Vera Lynn,Karl Jenkins,Mungo Jerry,Vanessa Mae,Martine McCutcheon,Hugh Jackman,Vanessa Amorosi,Vinnie Jones,Denise Van Outen,Shara Nelson,Eddi Reader,Jools Holland,Georgie Fame,Pepper Adams,Ronnie Scotts' big band,Buddy Greco,Harry Stoneham,Roger Whitaker,Margarita Pracatan,Barbara Dickson,Errol Brown,Vikki Carr,BBC Concert orchestra,Bonnie Tyler,Dick Emery,Burt Reynolds,Charlie Chuck,Ralph Burns,Brian Dee,Cilla Black,Pete Cox,Tony Hadley,Girlthing,Brendan Shine,Enrique Englesias,Victor Silvester,Sarah Brightman,Lesley Phillips,Echoes of Ellington orchestra,Bob Downe,Chris Farlowe,Tammy Wynette,Ruby Turner,Eros Ramazotti,Phil Campbell,Betty Boo,Nick Heyward,David MacAlmont,Yusuf Islam(Cat Stevens),Katherine Jenkins,Nik Kershaw,Chesney Hawkes,Delta Goodrem,RyanDan,Lou Cowell,Il Divo,Josh Groban,Melody Gardot,Sonya Kitchell,Paul Potts,Leon Jackson,Peter Kay,Jason Donovan,Bill Bailey,Rhydian,Kris Buckle,Polina Giffis,Claire Teal,Sophie Ellis-Bextor,Heather Small,Charles Aznavour,Laura Pausini,Sharlene Spiteri,Robin Gibb,Bryn Christopher,Sam Sparro,Jarvis Cocker,Michael Henry,Lizzie Loeb,Owen Gilhooly,Dot Allison,John Barrowman......Drummers!..Steve Gadd,Vinnie Colaiuta,Chester Thompson,Dave Mattacks,Ian Thomas,Ralph Salmins,Neal Wilkinson,Andy Newmark,Mark Fletcher,Jeremy Stacey,Blair Cunningham,Charlie Morgan,Roy Jones,Dave Early RIP,Gary Wallis,Brett Morgan,Barry Morgan RIP,Frank Tontoh,Ash Soan,Harold Fisher,Art Morgan RIP,Chris Dagley,Steve Arguelles,Mike Smith,Geoff Dugmore,Kenny Clare RIP,Frosty Beadle,Gary Husband,Steve Sanger,Mark Mondesir,.............I have also played on the soundtracks of many films including: Evita,The Full Monty,Charlie and the chocolate factory,Big Fish,Lord of the Rings,007-The World is not enough,Shirley Valentine,Sweet Home Alabama,All dogs go to heaven,Carla's story,My name is Joe,The History boys,Dogma,Donnie Brasco,Monkeybone,Lucky Break,High Fidelity,A Knight's tale,Bread and Roses,Flesh and Blood,The Mighty,Hideaway,Born Romantic,Help!I'm a fish,Agnes Browne,About Adam,High heels,low life,Wild West,Night train to murder,The Last Resort,Sinners,Goal!,Heavens prisoners,The Tall Guy,How to get ahead in advertising,Staggered,Pontiac moon,Intimate contact,Entrapment,The Miracle,The life of David Gale,Roseanna's grave,Where the truth lies,A good year,Three and out,Hellboy II,I know you know,007-Quantum of Solace......................................
OK. I give up also: I’m boring myself now. :)
Garry

Edited by lowdown