Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX800

Adrian

Awesome bass mate - I have one in blue!

To be honest the stock pups weren't great - I replaced mine with Barts and an EMG BTC tone circuit to give it a bit more welly and control. As you'll know, if you do replace them with non Yam pups, they leave whopping big gaps round them...but it's worth it.

Have you just got this...how much did you pay for it (if you don't mind me asking)?

G

[quote name='Adrian' post='359936' date='Dec 20 2008, 10:30 PM']Hi
I have a Yamaha RBX800 bass that im planning on doing up!

Ive got all the parts except for the pickups! :)

Does anyone know where i can pick up a pair of the original yamaha pickups for this bass?
or HAS ANYONE GOT ANY?

cheers. :huh:

Adrian[/quote]

I used to have the fretless version of that. Quite nice.... apart from the weird, intelligence test bridge possibly.

[quote name='Gman' post='359979' date='Dec 20 2008, 11:42 PM']Awesome bass mate - I have one in blue!

To be honest the stock pups weren't great - I replaced mine with Barts and an EMG BTC tone circuit to give it a bit more welly and control. As you'll know, if you do replace them with non Yam pups, they leave whopping big gaps round them...but it's worth it.

Have you just got this...how much did you pay for it (if you don't mind me asking)?

G[/quote]

Cool!

Thanks for the tips.
I bought it a few months ago....50 quid....EBAY! (Y)
Adrian :)

[quote name='King Tut' post='360194' date='Dec 21 2008, 01:03 PM']I got a bluey green one - £129 from cash converters. It's all standard - gotta say I'm quite happy with the original electrics in mine! :)

I've also got the manual somewhere if you need a copy of it.[/quote]

cool..its a really good looking bass!
wow great value.

and yeah please...that would be great!!!

cheers

[quote name='Gman' post='359979' date='Dec 20 2008, 11:42 PM']<snip>..............As you'll know, if you do replace them with non Yam pups, they leave whopping big gaps round them...but it's worth it.
G[/quote]

why yamaha did this i can never understand...the funny pup shapes

• 4 years later...

I had a weird kind of pearloid finish white one for a while - RBX800A bought on here and sold on here about a year later. Gorgeous neck, completely odd bridge. I found the tone fairly harsh, though, and had I kept it would have wanted to change the electrics somehow. They usually go for peanuts, so an extremely good buy secondhand. Top of the range in its day, I think?

• 2 months later...

I'll take advantage of this topic ressurection to ask if anybody has a J pickup for this bass that can sell. I have a friends 800A on the bench for repair, the pre is now working but the single coil is fried, i only get sound from half the pickup (D and G) and at a very low volume. The P pickup is fine and sounds lovely, very punchy, i'm really liking it.

EDIT: the bass is the RBX800A, so the pickup must be active ;)

Edited by Ghost_Bass