Why become a member? ×

Recommend me some pickups......

bassfan

I’m sure this thread exists already but I can’t find it. So here goes.....

Hypothetically I’m building a bass. A PJ. Technically I’m useless. So I need some help.

I’d be looking for a set that would give me a hefty P thump and together be able to slap and get some modern sounds. We play everything from Luther Vandross , Chic, Bruno Mars to the Killers. 

Just after your thoughts, what’s good and what I should avoid?

Edited by bassfan

@bassfan I have the DP127W in my AVRI Blonde White '57 P  it sounds immense and each note is crystal clear, IMHO the perfect passive P sound, but of course you can F unk it up with pedals etc if you must 😎

Not got the J's in anything ATM, but they are equally brilliant and of course you get the 4 wire option of coil splitting.

The pair also work seriously well together in series mode too!

Edited by KiOgon
  • Like 1

Contact Martin Herrick, he'll build you anything you want - at a very reasonable price.

https://www.herrickpickups.com/

WHAT WE DO. 

A guitar or bass pickup is one of those things in life that’s better when made by hand, the sound is unmistakable; big, clear & open.

Our  pickups are based on simple, honest production techniques & use traditional materials. We also use modern innovative materials in order to offer the best possible options for the range of tone & the appearance of a finished product.

As all pickups are completely handmade the possibilities are literally unlimited for special custom orders. Requests for unusual one-off models are welcome.  All the raw materials for construction of our pickups are produced, either in Great Britain  the E.U. To offer musicians a choice of high quality upgrades that really make a difference. 

Edited by TheGreek
  • Thanks 1