Jay J

SOLD Elwood 4P Short Scale Maruszczyk 4 String Bass Blue
£675
Bristol

Posted (edited)

4 string, jazz style bass, short scale, 30"  Elwood 4P from Maruszczyk . Maple neck. Perfect condition. With Seymour Duncan quarter pounder replacement jazz pickups. Replacement heavy mass bridge. Passive electronics. Control for each pickup and a tone control. Zero fret. Blueburst.  Original Pickups included. Bought from Bass Direct in Jan 2018. Weighs 8 lbs. Soft case with rucksack straps. Cash  in person only, Bristol area or somewhere nearish/negotiable. 

DSCF6004.JPG

DSCF6005.JPG

DSCF6006.JPG

DSCF6007.JPG

DSCF6008.JPG

DSCF6010.JPG

DSCF6011.JPG

DSCF6013.JPG

DSCF6014.JPG

DSCF6015.JPG

DSCF6016.JPG

Edited by Jay J
  • Like 5

I think I may have played this very bass back when it was still in stock at Bass Direct - really really lovely bass. Maruszczyk do great work. This is a bargain IMO.

I've got a tobacco burst version and it really is an awesome bass. This one's even prettier.,

Posted (edited)

Looking  like a done deal with scrumpymike at the moment...

Edited by Jay J
sold

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The Bucket
      PRICE DROP £1500!!!
      I'm selling my brand new Overwater Classic J4. 
      Specs -
      Swamp Ash body
      Maple neck and fingerboard
      East custom OW pre with 3 band eq
      OW noiseless J pickups
      OW bridge 19mm spacing
      Hipshot tuners
      21 frets
      34" scale length
      Satin finish all over
      9lbs (rough estimate, although my Z is lighter at 8lbs)
      I don't have an OW hard case but I will ship it in my Protec Contego, inside another double-walled cardboard box along with plenty of padding. You can either buy this case as well, or pay a deposit for it, which I will refund upon return of the case. Or, you could send me a case to send it back to you in... or pick it up in person.
      Buyer to arrange shipping.
      List price for this spec is £2700... and this bass is brand new!
      Payment via PayPal F&F please...
      Definitely not looking for trades at all, thanks.
      Thanks!

• By Crawford13
      Custom build
      30” Scale
      Hipshot Bridge
      Hipshot Tuners
      Haeussel Pickups
      Delano 2 band preamp
      Comes with official gig bag.
      Excellent condition, 
      Trade wise it’s Amps I would be looking for: particularly interested in Ampeg, Mesa & Darkglass.  I am willing to travel to make a deal happen, so please don’t be put off that  I am in Scotland.

• By foxyFuze
      Now £130
      Hello all!
      I bought as a spare to leave with a friend in France, but I really only use P Basses now, so this is up for grabs. It includes a basic gig bag.
      I would consider trades plus cash for higher valued P Basses.
      Vintage are a British brand (manufactured in the Far East) who have a good rep in the press and on BC for instruments that punch way above their price point. 
      Specs:
      Body:    Alder (although some reselling sites state it is Poplar)
      Scratchplate:    3-ply Tortoise Shell
      Neck    Hard Maple – Bolt On
      Frets    20
      Top Nut:    White graphite
      Nut Width:    42.5mm
      Machine Heads:    Wilkinson® WJBL200
      Pickups    1 Wilkinson® PB (M) WJB00 (B) WJB800
      Weight: 4.3kg
      There are a few nicks and dinks which I have tried to capture as best as possible in the photographs. 
      It plays very well, setup to 2mm action and is strung with some used D'Addario NYXL roundwounds; I can swap for some lightly used Rotosound Flats if preferred.
      No-commitment trials and a brew in Bristol are most welcome.  
      I can post at buyer's expense and risk (£10-15 estimated).

• By radiophonic
      Bump for price drop: £850 (is it possible to change the thread title?)
      Bump for trades: Something smaller bodied and more modern. Warwick etc. Maybe a Maple board P-Bass in an interesting colour. Tempt me. 
      Fender USA Standard Jazz Fretless. I bought it new in 2016, so it's one of the very final American Standard models, just before they ceased production.  For those who are unaware, these have the carbon fiber reinforcement in the neck, custom shop 60's pickups and a high-mass bridge. Sunburst finish, black scratch-plate (although I have the original Tort and will include it). This has barely been gigged - maybe three or four times - and has spent most of its short life in a case.  I just don't get on with the offset body, narrow nut and everything else that makes a Jazz what it is. A great bass but not for me. The neck is fantastic and based on the kind of action I can achieve, it must be incredibly true. Extremely clean condition, with just one very tiny dint in the finish located middle of the back of the instrument. I can't get it to show up on a pic though. I've got it strung with the original Fender flats (I think it has rounds in the pic though). Comes with original Fender hard case and with the truss-rod tool. UK shipping will be negotiable.  For everybody’s peace of mind, I'd prefer some kind of personal delivery or collection agreement depending on location - I'm happy to drive for an hour or so from Notts or Coventry - but I could courier it if that wasn't practical.

• By ChrisJaxon
      Price now £280
      I have another bass in-coming, so one has to go, and up for sale is my Squier Contemporary Active HH Jazz 5-string in black. I bought this new in December 2018, and I have used it at a few gigs and jams, and it sounds great, especially with the wide variety of tones you can get from the two humbuckers with the bass and treble boosts. It can really growl as well as honk. It would be a slapper’s delight, but I do not do slap!
      The bass is essentially in as new condition, all original.
      Specification details and video review available on the Andertons website here
      Strung with d’Addario EXL170’s.
      I can post the bass if required, but personal collection and try-out preferred. I live near Stroud in Gloucestershire.