Why become a member? ×

Peavey 410TVX Cab

silky13

hi there!

I'm looking for a bit of help... I just bought a Peavey TVX410 Cab and it sounds awesome, but weighs a tonne/ 45KG :) ... anyway I was looking at getting a flight case, some casters for it or making up a base and putting casters on that!

I'm not sure about drilling into the cab etc. since I've never fitted casters to a cab before and thought I'd ask for some info on here first! So if anyone knows any info that might help me about different casters available or how easy it is to fit them, then it would be much obliged! Like wise if you have any other ideas about how to make it easier to transport then that'd be great too!

cheers for your help!
Tom

Hi, I had the forerunner to these cabs and it was very well-constructed but monstrously heavy. I don't have a lot of technical skill and so would be tempted to build a bogey/wheeled base rather than drill into the cab. I don't know about your model, but my 4x10 had very solid and functional rubber feet that worked well on most stages. I wouldn't want to sacrifice them and install castors.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='356877' date='Dec 17 2008, 12:47 PM']I had a 4x10 TX and I drilled it for (locking) castors no problem. Got the wheels from a Wickes/Homebase or some such store for about £10 for the 4[/quote]
+1

I did the same when I had the TVX model and it worked a treat...

cheers for all your help guys! I think I'm gonna make up a trolley with some castors as I've loads of timber lying about and like you say i could pick up some castors at homebase or something.

This way i can use it for this amp and also other equipment and also like GUYL says it would make for more awkwardness having another couple of inches on the bottom for castors! Since i have a focus and not a van this is another consideration!

Cheers for all your help... I'll let you all know how it goes! :)

Hi Tom

Just for an example with pics - when I bought my old Peavey TKO 80 it came with this dolly that the previous owner had knocked up:

[attachment=17405:dolly1.jpg]
[attachment=17406:dolly2.jpg]

The cab sat inside the rebate, making it pretty secure when trundling it along. My new combo sits on top, rather than in, the rebates so I secure it with a luggage strap and that does the biz. nicely. I may fiddle with it to make it fit exactly but in all probablility won't bother - if I were making one from scratch that might be worth doing.

[attachment=17407:dolly3.jpg]

It is actually extremely handy as I have a small cupbaord under my stairs and this means the amp slides gently and easily in and out of a tricky-to-get-to space with no back related issues. Or wife related issues - it stows out of sight rather than in the dining room.