lawriemacmillan

Fodera Imperial Matt Garrison fretless 5 string buckeye burl (trades considered)
£7750
Scotland, UK

Posted (edited)

Stunning singlecut bass made in the Fodera workshop in Brooklyn, NYC.

2009 build.

Buckeye top. Walnut body. Ebony fingerboard.

Fodera/Duncan singlecoil pickups with buckeye covers and matching ramp.

Extended B string.

26 'frets'.

34" scale.

19mm string spacing at the bridge.

48m nut width.

Fodera premium padded gig bag.

Excellent overall condition. Some minor surface bumps which are unnoticeable unless closely inspected.

3 band EQ with selectable mid requency selector and coil tap switches.

I am considering late 60s/early 70s Fender Jazz basses (no refinishes) as part-trade options along with approximately half the asking price of the Fodera. 

The bass also resides in The Bass Gallery, in Camden, London where it can be viewed and played. They have appealing finance options for paying in installments too.

front.thumb.jpg.0996ac8c0db764cd525acc5c625a38bc.jpg

full.jpg

headstock 1.jpg

bridge.jpg

rear.jpg

knobs.jpg

lower horn.jpg

upper horn.jpg

base.jpg

indents.jpg

bag.jpg

butterfly.jpg

Edited by lawriemacmillan
More info in description
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

The Bass Gallery in Camden, London are have this in their showroom and are offering finance options to pay in installments 

Edited by lawriemacmillan

I have stood under this where it resides on the wall in Camden.  Staff at the shop had to ask me to put my trousers back on.

Edited by lownote12
  • Haha 2

It is just beautiful, wow wow wow

• Thanks 1

I'm considering part exchange offers. Late 60s/early 70s Fender Bass, in all aesthetic conditions, receiving approximately half the asking price of the Fodera. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wira
      New Price:  £4400 
      I decided to sell my beautiful Fodera Emperor 6 Standard. Bought new in 2014,  i am the first owner. The Bass is in great condition, almost like new. The specs can be found on the Fodera website (link below) -  it is exactly this instrument - Fodera E6S # 001. The photos on Fodera’s website are also much nicer than mine;)
      https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-III/Newborn-908/i-X89B3qb
      The bass weighs only 9,8lb (4.45kg) according to my luggage scale and it comes with the original Fodera case in mint condition. I am in germany, but shipping to most  EU countries is no problem. No trades at the moment !
      Let me know if you would like to see any details or have some sound files. I am also happy to answer any question. 
      Thanks for watching !

• By silverfoxnik
      Hi Folks 
      I'm selling this Ibanez Musician Studio Fretless Bass on behalf of a friend of mine who's had it in his recording studio for many years but now wants to move it on. 
      Was up for £675, but It's now offered for sale at £625 or near offer. 
      As can be seen in the photos, the bass and the case are in good condition for their age, considering they're getting on for 40 years old.  
      I think the bass is the lined fretless version of the Ibanez Musician ST924WN model, as can be seen here in this Reverb advert a few years ago:
      https://reverb.com/uk/item/1098372-ibanez-musician-studio-bass-st924wn-1979-walnut-mahogany
      But hopefully, @Bassassin might be able to offer some words of wisdom on this and put me right if I've got it wrong .. 😁
      The bass has recently had a once over by a local guitar/bass tech, so all the electrics are working and it's properly set up. Strings are old though, so they will need changing by its new owner. 
      Having said that, this bass really has that fretless 'mwahh' sound and it's got seriously loud pick ups! There's a great range of tones available from the active circuitry too.. 
      For anyone seriously interested, the bass can be viewed and tested by prior appointment in the Littlehampton area of West Sussex. 
      With regards to shipping, its definitely possible to send it via an insured courier service (at buyers expense), but it is a heavy bass as I'm sure anyone looking at this advert with a serious interest in the bass will know.
      I haven't weighed it, but it is heavy!! It's kind of like a Rolls Royce of a bass really - everything about it is quality and it's been built to last! 
      Anyway, if you've any questions about the bass, please send me a PM and I'll go back to the owner to get you an answer, though that may take a few hours or so depending on his availability.
      Thanks for looking! 😊
      Nik 

• By TAzMilitello
      PRICE DROP to 1750£ for this great 5 strings MERIDIAN HORIZON FRETLESS, Made in Italy, 34".  It comes with original soft case (bought separately for €135), new D'addario flatwound strings 0.40-1.25! It has original Meridian Trinity active/passive on board preamp and Delano JSBC 5 HE pickups. Everything as shown in the photo link. So really comfortable, a great instrument, with big sounds! Like new!!
      Top: Acer Japonicum
      Neck: Maple (cut 1986)
      Fretboard: Phenolic Resin, 24 frets, 16″ radius
      Preamp: Meridian Trinity (Vol, Vol, Hi, Mid, Low, active passive switch, passive tone.
      Pickups: DelanoJSBC 5 HE
      Bridge: Hipshot, 18mm strings space.
      Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite
      Weight: 3,9 Kg
      Mainly I prefer to sell without trades, I sell it because I want to make another Meridian fretless with different specifications!
      Photo of bass 😉📸: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10aVkYScPG3iJr4JJ_R14wmjurWatS2t

Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      Setup by an expert luthier, wonderfully resonant woods, perfectly functional, really good conditions!

ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping (following prices including shockproof packaging):
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 110€ (6/8 working days)
      Quickly test recorded by smartphone:

• By scots_flyer1
      I am selling a Fodera Monarch in pristine condition. The Bass has just had a fresh set of strings and a set up by Chris McIntyre. Happy to travel up to 200 miles from Edinburgh to deliver, otherwise buyer needs to organise but open to negotiating a workable solution. The instrument comes with the relevant paperwork and Fodera case. No offers

• By Joejoez
      amazing Emperor II Bolt-On for sale.  Asking 6800 Euro or 6100 GBP
      the first emperor II custom to be built as a bolt-on
      2 really small marks
       Articulate, warm, and punch tone. weight about 10 pound.

-Ash body
      -Maple Neck
      -Indian Rosewood FB
      - Walnut Top

The bass is located in Ireland Dublin. Pick up in person will get 100 euro discount.
      More Picture:
      https://fodera.smugmug.com/Newborn-Gallery-Vol-IV/Newborn-948/